Indian Footballers for foreign trials

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    preetam wrote: »
    and wat abt nirmal chhetri???FPAI is helpin him na...

<br><div><br></div><div>what can FPAI do? he is not even perfect for best i league teams</div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    DC United having a horrible season, I think Nabi might have a chance at some game time if they sign him.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Just curious!! Is IMG reliance somehow related/linked with this opportunity? If yes, this could be a ploy by IMG to attract top Indian player towards their side for IMG tournament. 
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    edited July 2013
    I think IMG are know to have good sports agents and what they do is help players get endorsement, negotiate contracts and they also have contacts with a lot of sports club, which help players find clubs.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    kali007 wrote: »
    DC United having a horrible season, I think Nabi might have a chance at some game time if they sign him.

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, they are total shit. At least they are planning for next season with the trade for a draft pick, signing of Academy players (and loaning them to there affiliate), and some other young signings.</div><div><br></div><div>My only concern is that Daniel Woolard (LB) and Chris Pontius (LM) seem set up in his position so a starting berth is out of the question for now (if he makes it). I can maybe see him come off the bench plenty of times. For IMG this would be good as the off-season is on and I am certain that DC United would not care if he was to come back late in the season (at least once) for the IMG League.</div><div><br></div><div>However, in the end, he will probably spend most of his time with the Richmond Kickers in the 3rd tier.</div>
    BTW the article also mentions that Mangi and Nirmal could also come... from Bhutan to America. Not bad Nirmal :)
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Finally Something for Nabi.He along with Chhetri have been the backbone of Indian Team.I was kind of getting upset with the fact that While Chhetri was being linked with many clubs(abroad),Nabi wasn't .It is very satisfying that he has  a genuine chance to play abroad post successful trial.I think many would agree that he can make the cut here.However starting place might be debatable at this point as my friend has specified.<br><br><br>All the best!!Hope he makes it and plays regularly.<br>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Nabi is a versatile player..he can play anywhere,so if he make it, he might get starts in midfield if not defence
    preetam wrote: »
    Nabi is a versatile player..he can play anywhere,so if he make it, he might get starts in midfield if not defence

<br><div><br></div><div>Opposite actually. The LM position is being carried by Chris Pontius who is actually the best player they have. Plus they have plenty of options on the bench who can play there like Luis Silva so midfield is out of the question.</div><div><br></div><div>Defense is his best option as DC are depleted there. However, whether he could beat Daniel Woolard for the LB spot I do not know. </div><div><br></div><div>(Note: Yes, I am talking as if he will make it on purpose. Nabi, I believe, can actually do this).</div>