Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    The discussions about Abhishek Ambekar should ideally have been in the 'I-League' thread
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    someone started putting i-league statistics here... that's why it happened
    goalkeeparRonnymunna219777
    Partially agree with you...I put the I-league stats here but only those which were related to EB...which EB defender had the most challenges, which EB midfielder had the most assists...since they were from the I-league official site, the stats of some other players (who were second and third in the rankings) were also mentioned...nothing wrong in such discussions...my only point was 3-4 posts were all right but any further discussions would not perhaps be relevant to this thread...then admins might have to step in to remind us of that...I was just trying to pre-empt that
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Katsumi Yusa isn't fully fit and may be rested for the match against Neroca. IMO, it would be a good decision, still a lot to play for and EB has a tight schedule ahead with back to back away games. Brandon can fit in to the left wing half as a natural left footed winger. Also have Surabuddin as an option. 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    These away matches of East Bengal against Neroca FC and Aizawl FC can define their title quest this season. If East Bengal can win these two matches, I-League title is in their hands.
    Carbon_14gopiajeesh
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Yeah.. Both Neroca & Aizwal away matches will be toughest for them
    munna219777
  • Yes, If EB can put it across these two teams, the title is for them to lose from thereon! 

Main reason being Sanjoy Sen afraid to travel to the hills! :D :D 
    http://www.khaboronline.com/news/sports/football/eastbengal-wants-to-play-its-i-league-home-match-in-home-ground/

East Bengal have made an appeal to play their I-league home matches at their home ground. The Federation officials had come to the Mohun Bagan ground on Thursday to check the preparations at the ground. After completing their inspection, they went to the EB ground...it was there that the EB officials made this appeal to the Federation officials.

Because of the recent installation of floodlights at the ground, there has been some rugged patches on the entire ground. But since EB has no home matches as of now, the next match being the Derby which is scheduled to be played at YBK, the club will get enough time for mending the ground.

The floodlight infra at the EB ground is better than that at the MB ground. Whereas Bagan has 26 halogens, EB has installed 52 halogens. Home matches would be played under floodlights. 

No decision has been taken as yet. The Federation officials would come to inspect the ground next week. Only then would one have an inkling of what is going to take place.
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited December 2017
    Floodlights is measured in lux / Lumen per square meters. It is hilarious that they are counting Halogen bulbs as a measure of Lighting. Shape of stadium, Height of floodlight towers, positioning will all impact the Lux count no matter how many halogen you claim.
    Next home match after Derby is on 30th January against Minerva FC at 2:00 PM.
    SoccerloverspartaDeb_BanCarbon_14
    http://bangla.xtratime.in/5932-2/

This report says that the wattage is also greater in the bulbs in the EB ground...Each bulb contains 2000 watts...after surfing the Net, I found that lux to watts conversion can be calculated
    Does that make sense?
    munna219777