Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points

Quess Corp appoints Sanjit Sen, CEO of Quess East Bengal Football Club

Quess Corp Limited, India's leading business services provider, recently appointed Sanjit Sen, as CEO of Quess East Bengal Football Club. This appointment comes after the recent partnership agreement between EBFC & Quess to form the new entity, Quess East Bengal FC (QEBFC).

In this role, Sanjit will oversee all investments to enhance the player base & training facilities and building QEBFC as the premium football brand in the country. He will also spearhead initiatives aimed at creating new branding opportunities for QEBFC and tap possibilities of increasing its fan base.

Sanjit, who comes with an overall experience of over 25 years, served as the COO of East Bengal Club in his last assignment and played a significant role in the formation of the JV entity, QEBFC. Over the course of his career, Sanjit has worked in diversified industries including financial services, investment broking, FMCG & retail and was associated with reputed firms such as Tata Capital, B.K. Birla Group, BMA, ILFS, Anagram and Alliance Group. He has donned various hats across business leadership, corporate strategy and advisory functions and has had an exemplary track record in each of them.

Sanjit is a qualified Chartered Accountant and holds professional certifications in Corporate Finance from IIM Kolkata and CRM from MDI Gurgaon.

Commenting on the appointment, Ajit Isaac, Chairman & Managing Director of Quess Corp Ltd said, "Sanjit comes with in-depth understanding of the industry. We have huge trust in his capabilities and working - knowledge of the sports sector. Under his prudent leadership, the team will work towards increasing our participation in various leagues & bringing more laurels to the club & its members. We are delighted to welcome him to Quess and this appointment will contribute to our strategic investment towards development of sports in the country."

http://equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=233807
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited August 2018
    How many times "Quess" came in that article !!! All Branding and big words.

Foreign players, improvement in Ground conditions are important not Quess, Tata, Birla nonsense. This is Football club, not Linkedin profile.
    Soccerlover
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited August 2018
    east bengal playing brilliantly today. is leading by a goal scored by dika. watch the match live on the given link

https://youtu.be/gd9J9vx9D64
    Carbon_14
    HT EB 2-0 Calcutta Police

I wouldn't say they are playing brilliantly, but yes much better than the previous match...also the CP team, consisting mainly of 30+ players and no foreigners, are not pressing them too much
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    watched almost 80 minutes of the match. First half play was really good, but somehow players looked complaisant in the second. scrappy football. 
    Vidyasagar Singh looked like a good prospect, If nurtured well, he can be someone to look up to in future. Chullova  is the man for me for this match. Such a classy player, 
    Ok kind of match for east bengal.   
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777sparta

Sanjit Sen,the newly appointed CEO of QUESS East Bengal,today watched the CFL match from the side bench along with Debabrata (Nitu) Sarkar (blue shirt) & the newly hired Costa Rican World Cup 2018 defender , Johnny Acosta

munna219777Carbon_14
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    I have got a gut feeling that Acosta might not turn up for I League after watching CFL.
    munna219777EastBengalPrideBrainFallINDIASoccerlovergoalkeeparashindia
    http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/johnny-acosta-zamora-costa-rica-east-bengal-big-club-indian/d9ve51q29y6b11btepew055nr

Johnny Acosta - I came to India because East Bengal are a big club

Costa Rican World Cupper Johnny Acosta Zamora is excited to start a new journey with East Bengal….

East Bengal created quite a stir in Indian football when they announced the signing of Johnny Acosta Zamora who played all three games for Costa Rica at the 2018 World Cup in Russia. 

The World Cupper reached Kolkata on August 6 and watched East Bengal’s Calcutta Football League (CFL) Premier Division ‘A’ opener against West Bengal. The Costa Rican, who once played against Lionel Messi back in 2011 in the Copa America, has been given the number two jersey and will join the team’s training session soon.

Ahead of taking the field for the Kolkata giants, Acosta shared his experience of playing against Neymar in the World Cup. He said, “It was a very good experience for me. Not only Neymar, but I had a great experience playing against the entire Brazilian side. Overall it was a very good experience for us playing against Switzerland, Serbia and Brazil. Our entire team played very well.

East Bengal’s first game of the season against Tollygunge Agragami was cancelled due to excessive rains and poor pitch condition. When asked if the pitch will be an issue for him, the defender said, “All grounds are almost similar so I don’t think I will face any problems.”

The Red and Golds roped in Bengaluru-based firm Quess Corp as their investor last month. The club were also in talks to take part in the Indian Super League (ISL) this season but Acosta was least bothered about that development.

“When I signed, I only knew that East Bengal are a big club with great history. I have no idea about ISL or any other tournament. I came here because East Bengal are a big club.”

“I have not seen any Indian football matches before. The one I saw on Monday was my first. I don’t know anything about the leagues in India as well.”

The defender also mentioned why he chose to come to India when the other World Cup players are going to the top leagues in the world. He said, “I have come here from Colombia. I wanted to explore a new country. I think this will be a great opportunity for me and I won’t have any problems.”

The man who idolises Paolo Maldini suggested that he is ready to take the field for East Bengal. “I am ready. I am just waiting for my paper works. Once they are ready I will start playing,” said the defender

When asked if the language will be a problem for him as he does not communicate in any other language other than Spanish, Acosta said, “Language has never been a problem for me. I will not face any problem adjusting here as football has only one language. This is football.”

goalkeepardeepak dedhaCarbon_14munna219777ashindia