Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    @Snep: Stop worrying about EB and saving it, the only thing that can save you here is refraining from making unparliamentary comments

Those who are worried about whether EB would close or not, I would like to repeat what I had said earlier, slightly rephrasing a quotation of Hemingway, East Bengal can neither be defeated nor destroyed (NRC or not)
    #neitherJokingnorAskingSimplyAsserting
    goalkeeparmunna219777SamyajitNagendrasparta
  • Why did the other club fall prey to one Issac two years back ? The other "other" club is merely trying to follo the other club! ;)

First Issac, then relegation looming large in centenary year n now NRC - misfortune doesn't refuse to leave EB! :D :D 
    goalkeepar
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited February 2020
    Why the hell are we even reacting to what Snep says/said?
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    How will NRC affect EB? EB fans don't have documents?
    Soccerlover
    It is a contentious issue...better not discuss it here

EB fans today consists of people from all over the world--irrespective of race/ethnicity, though the majority are Bengalis. It is however true that the the club was formed by the association of people who primarily hailed from the eastern provinces of Bengal before partition
    munna219777samashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    How can EB fans be deported under NRC ? If they arrived in india when there was no Bangladesh. 
    DEFENCE123ashindiaspartaCarbon_14
    Is there anything which is factually incorrect in my post, @sam?
  • SnepSnep 277 Points
    To all people on this forum, I have nothing against the Bangladeshi minority people who came to India from Bangladesh due to religious persecution. In fact, they are most welcome. India is always and will always be Big hearted Sanatan nation who believes in human values. I in no way was associating EB to merge with Abhani ltd. with NRC. NRC is every democratic nation's right to identify and maintain the register of lawful citizens.

What I was doing was mocking the incompetent management of EB who after 100 years of existence is still not run professionally and is at the brink of getting relegated to I-League 2. Sad state of affairs. Whats is more disgusting is that their management is still delusional and trying to invite ManU youth squad to play them in their centenary celebration exhibition match by paying them 30cr, which I think is a total waste of money. Instead, they should utilize that money if they have it to enter ISL and play a part in making the ISL more entertaining. 

I think MB swallowed their pride and made the right decision by merging with ATK to play in ISL. Although I would have preferred them to have secured big investors on their own and entered ISL as MB and not ATKMB. EB had the same offer on the table as I understand from ATK but they were too cocky and now their future is looking bleak. There is still time to salvage the club from the hands of this incompetent and boastful management and find the right partner and bring some professionalism in the club management and enter ISL. EB fans deserve that much.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    @thebeautifulgame I gave the thumbs down for the 1st part.
    OK...thanks for the clarification

I am all for debate because I believe that a healthy debate or discussion is the sine qua non of a democracy. However, I have seen that the Admin(s) sometimes have had to intervene and rein in certain discussions because they have felt that the comments of some members might adversely affect the image of IFN. So I did not want to discuss this burning issue, at least in this thread.