AIFF-FIFA Academies

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Riding on Striker Shubham Sarangi’s hat-trick All India Football Federation’s Goa Regional Academy defeated U-16 Betalbatim SC 4-1 in a Friendly Match at the Chowgule Sports Complex in Goa.

http://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=5369
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    OUT TEAM FOR U17 WORLD CUP 2017 !
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    AIFF's U-19 Elite Academy Defeated  Salgaocar Club’s U-19 Team in a Friendly Match by 4-0 

The Indian U-19 Team  scored two in each half to win 4-0. 

Naro Hari, Daniel Lalhlimpuia, SK Faiyaz and Uttam Rai scored one each for the Academy boys.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Maybe I missed a bit of news during by absence..I was under the impression that Bangalore AIFF academy plan was not finalized or delayed..but it seems they already have players practicing with a coach (joseph thomas - i guess the guy who was with India u16)..

can someone elaborate?
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    And I missed a serious allegation made by @gaffertape on Colm Toal. I would like to believe what you are saying since you have a proven track record, but seriously? How can an act like that go without any action on him? Is it that Uttam has not let it known to others (clearly he has) or AIFF owes anything to Mr. Toal? Of course U16/U19 coaches have never been questioned seriously. Reminds me of Rustom Akramov who stayed for nearly a decade unnoticed though the team would concede a dozen goals every other match
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @rudra da that was one of the conditions for the slot..... but i cant understand whats happening to the funds that are coming from FIFA for the academy??? @gaffertape might be in a better position to explain
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @archak what condition? also was there any news in any media about this academy? like the mumbai one?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    AIFF Under 15 Academy in Bangalore started a month ago , around the time of the FIFA visit ( a lot of pressure from FIFA as they had pumped a few million dollars into Banglore / KSFA in regards to the artificial turf and also the Academy building)

As AIFF can't afford to fund this academy , BFC will have to foot the bill, part of the "compromise" agreed for direct entry to the I-League.

FIFA money goes into Rob Baan & Scott's salary  , the rest has gone into infrastructure and thats why they aren't  very happy that nothing much has been done.

1 x Under -18 Academy in Mumbai
    1 x Under 15 Academy in Bangalore
    1 x Under 13 Academy in Goa
    + the Kalyani one and the group of U-19's in Goa.... 

thats not a lot to show for the Goal 2 project.... just cosmetic gestures..
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ok i seem to have lost touch with all these...so the u15 vashi (mumbai) academy is now a u18 academy? and the players?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited December 2013
    when did that happen??? :O  the u18 team in mumbai toh...