Sunil Chhetri

Comments

• Ya but he left the club months before signing for Prayag.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    let me see wasnt the National Team camp going on for AFC Asian Cup 2011??? 
  • archak wrote: »
    let me see wasnt the National Team camp going on for AFC Asian Cup 2011??? 

<br><div><br></div><div>Here is the timeline:</div><div><br></div><div>- 26 March 2010: Sunil Chhetri signs for the Kansas City Wizards (formerly Sporting Kansas City).</div><div>- 14 April 2010: Sunil Chhetri made his debut for Kansas City in a US Open Cup match playing 45 minutes against fellow MLS club Colorado Rapids. He got a yellow and no goals.</div><div>- 26 July 2010: Sunil Chhetri makes his first-team debut against Manchester United in a friendly in which he played 21 minutes as Kansas City defeated Manchester United 2-1.</div><div>- 1 August 2010: Sunil Chhetri is loaned out to the India national football team for their AFC Asian Cup preparation.</div><div>- 10 January 2011: Sunil Chhetri plays for India as India loses 4-0 to Australia in their opening Asian Cup match.</div><div>- 10 February 2011: Sunil Chhetri signs for Chirag United in the I-League.</div><div>- 3 April 2011: Sunil Chhetri scores first I-League goal for Chirag United against Dempo in a 4-2 loss.</div><div><br></div><div>So it was span of 7 months before Chhetri signed for Chirag.</div>
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    but he played 6(Asia cup plus matches against uae Kuwait,and Iraq)very tough games before joining prayag i guess<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    gopiajeesh wrote: »
    but he played 6(Asia cup plus matches against uae Kuwait,and Iraq)very tough games before joining prayag i guess<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>so did every indian players who were in the squad...</div><div><br></div><div>actually the point of discussion is whether this performance is due to his training at portugal or not..</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    I have no doubt the performance is due to his training in Sporting. Sporting has one of the best training programs. And not to forget he has been training with youngster. <br>Its not that easy. I have hard time keeping up with my 2 yr old nephew :P
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>so did every indian players who were in the squad...</div><div><br></div><div>actually the point of discussion is whether this performance is due to his training at portugal or not..</div>

<br><br>i said it bcoz the reason he scored 7 goals for prayag is bcoz he played against tough defenders in those matches he found it easy to play in i-league ..... but i dont think same can apply here bcoz we all saw how bad he was against Palestine and Myanmar  <br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote: »

<br><br>i said it bcoz the reason he scored 7 goals for prayag is bcoz he played against tough defenders in those matches he found it easy to play in i-league ..... but i dont think same can apply here bcoz we all saw how bad he was against Palestine and Myanmar  <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>He was out of match practice. It takes time to settle. Its showing up now. Also dont forget both CB goals against Dempo were freekicks. He was anyways not playing as frontman, was playing almost the same role he excelled in MB last yr (much to other's dismay!)</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    still right now he is playing well...and he has total of 3 matches left 1 in afc and 2 in leAGUE..hope he score..