Is a long term TV Contract all we need?

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
Ever sense becoming an Indian Football fan I have noticed that we are lacking in a TV suitor for international matches. From Seniors to Youth we are lacking the ability to see them.

Currently we are really struggling to telecast international matches. We were not able to see the under-16s (Not that bad considering top countries like the USA, Italy, Germany don't see there under-16 or under-17 matches often) we are not able to see the India under-19s in the Asian under-19 championship qualifiers (We had to rely on an Iranian stream for god sake) and recently we were not able to watch a packed India - Malaysia match at Guwahati and were also forced to watch the match on a shitty sports channel in Kolkata in front of an excellent 2,500 fans (out of the 120,000 seats)

Right now I say we copy the US Soccer Federation in terms of how they handled the TV Contract. They currently have a 3 year deal with ESPN and an American Channel Fox Soccer Channel to show EVERY US International match. So basically once the US Soccer Federation announces a new friendly they already have a TV Partner to show it. While here in India when we announce a friendly we wait till 3 days before the match to get a shit TV Partner. DD Sports disappointed me big time. I say we work with IMG-Relience and strike a deal with either TEN Action + or STAR Sports India or even ESPN India for 1 FULL YEAR to show EVERY INDIA MATCH in 2012. I think it would be easier for everyone if that was the case. We would automatically know who, when and where to watch an India international match and most likely that match will be on commercial getting ads around 3 weeks before the match.

Anyway that is what I think we should do. Also No this is not one of my opinion posts. I am basically starting a marketing/telecasting thread and thought I start off with this.

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Keeping the no. of threads minimal is very important and convenient for a forum. There is already a nice thread on broadcast and sponsors. You could have used that
  • Keeping the no. of threads minimal is very important and convenient for a forum. There is already a nice thread on broadcast and sponsors. You could have used that

Somesh I kinda understand what you are saying, but I would like it if you elaborated on what you meant by keeping it minimal.

Also I understand what you are saying about that other thread here (<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=405"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=37&t=405</a><!-- l -->) but that is about the I-League and is also in the I-League section. I am talking about the Indian National and Youth National Teams.