Robin Singh

Comments

• I am sorry but I don't think that Robin Singh is better than JeJe or Sunil, in fact he does not even come close to a fully fit Ashim Biswas. I know this might surprise a lot of people but Ashim has one of the best football brains in the country, if not the best at this moment, in fact Steve Darby was most impressed with Ashim in the current MB team if that is any indication.

Robin Singh is very SHOWY, no wonder he catches the attention and fancy of a lot of people akin to a movie star on the field. If he is not succeeding with Trevor MOrgan as coach, I seriously doubt his success with Savio Medeira or any other coase. Trevor Morgan was a striker himself, then development coach at HULL CITY, if he could not change Robin Singh, no one can. Trevor is very encouraging of youngsters and always taking risks just to give them a chance to play at the highest level like he did fielding Semilen Dongel in the pressure game against Dempo. Every now and then, I keep on hearing statements from these Delhi based players about going to train abroad and playing in clubs abroad. I challenge them to succeed in India first. Sunil Chetri is barely a success at the club level in India where we have foreign defenders. Most of his success is against South Asian nations with defenders lacking physical strength. I doubt if he can even beat a defence of Naoba Singh, Mahesh Gawli, Gourmangi and Nabi on the left. Let players like Sunil first regularly score against defenders like Uga Opara, Mahesh Gawli and then I can think of their options in the big league. These players are big stunt baaz and they indulge in big talk just to jack up their price.
  • Sanju Pradhan, Naoba Singh, Mehtab Hossain must be included in the Indian team ASAP. Savio Medeira has a fancy for Dempo players. Anthony Pereira is woefully out of form but he still finds a place in the team, god only knows why. Sanju Pradhan would do a far better job on the right given his present form.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    I am sorry but I don't think that Robin Singh is better than JeJe or Sunil, in fact he does not even come close to a fully fit Ashim Biswas. I know this might surprise a lot of people but Ashim has one of the best football brains in the country, if not the best at this moment, in fact Steve Darby was most impressed with Ashim in the current MB team if that is any indication.

Robin Singh is very SHOWY, no wonder he catches the attention and fancy of a lot of people akin to a movie star on the field. If he is not succeeding with Trevor MOrgan as coach, I seriously doubt his success with Savio Medeira or any other coase. Trevor Morgan was a striker himself, then development coach at HULL CITY, if he could not change Robin Singh, no one can. Trevor is very encouraging of youngsters and always taking risks just to give them a chance to play at the highest level like he did fielding Semilen Dongel in the pressure game against Dempo. Every now and then, I keep on hearing statements from these Delhi based players about going to train abroad and playing in clubs abroad. I challenge them to succeed in India first. Sunil Chetri is barely a success at the club level in India where we have foreign defenders. Most of his success is against South Asian nations with defenders lacking physical strength. I doubt if he can even beat a defence of Naoba Singh, Mahesh Gawli, Gourmangi and Nabi on the left. Let players like Sunil first regularly score against defenders like Uga Opara, Mahesh Gawli and then I can think of their options in the big league. These players are big stunt baaz and they indulge in big talk just to jack up their price.

I disagree about your opinion about Robin to some extent. True he is not at per with Sunil or Jeje at this moment (Fully fit Asim is only next to Baichung; so dont compare with him) but he can be a good weapon if falls in hand of a good coach. He impressed in fed cup but not playing regularly due to groin injury. Though he had scored only 2 goals in 7-8 matches of I-league, he paves way for Tolgay and others to score. Especially during set-pieces it is Robin who flicks the ball for others to score. For EB up-front most of the balls are directed towards Tolgey and Unfortunately the best man in EB midfield; Penn Orji is bit selfish and tries to score himself even when others are in better position. That explains low strike rate of Robin for EB.
  • Sabir,
    You have made valid points especially about the selfishness bit of Penn. I agree with what you are saying but in a team, you get passes based on the level of promise you show in bulging the net or in that direction. Robin is often prodigal and wayward in his shooting, more than the lack of skill, I would blame his attitude for this. Why this unnecessary herogiri di on the pitch ? Does top international or even I league strikers do it ? The job of a striker requires way more concentration and opportunism than what Robin shows on the pitch, I have often noted him blasting away gems of passes he received from Tolgay or Mehtab, that makes such senior players in the team wonder why did I pass him, no wonder he gets fewer passes these days. Remember he and Tolgay were great buddies in the beginning but they fell apart. Robin keeps on arguing with Tolgay and coming up with umpteen excuses when Tolgay offers suggestions etc. As a senior in the team with far superior technique, you should have some respect for Tolgay but Robin coming from a wealthy family does give a damn. He has an attitude problem for sure, either me or nothing. I am close to calling him Indian football's SHOAIB AKHTAR.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Projenator
    You have hit the nail. His problem is linked with his attitude towards the game (or life); not skills. A plain analysis of his figure and abilities suggests him to be a man of potential. But he is not being able to justify it, at least recently. May be a 50L contract (highest ever for any TFA boy) at an age of 19 blew of his mind.Two things can happen with him- a sudden call from national team give him some extra motivation to do well (at the same time it can make him more arrogant) or he will learn the things hard way after being left out (Again he can be lost in oblivion this way like many others).

Either way, As an Indian football fan I want him to concentrate on game and do justice to his potential. If that happens we will get a striker we are craving for long.
  • Robin Singh believes that everyone should give him a chance, why doesn't he give others a chance ? Already KEB gave him a big enough break without he having shown much promise other than that game TFA played with KEB where he scored. Now he wants to be given a break in the national team, what has he done this season to deserve it, other than sneaking that goal in the derby from an offside position.
    mohammed_87hassan
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited March 2012
    Reportedly and this might be a rumor, Robin is asking EB officials for 70 lakhs, 20 lakhs more than that of his previous contract. The buzz in Kolkata was that EB officials are being patient and very considerate by retaining him giving him more time than he already had. Now that Robin has asked for more money, it will be interesting to see what the officials do. If I was in their place,given his extreme moodiness and love for the limelight, I'd have released him, he needs to develop his game by playing somewhere where there is less pressure of expectations and you don't need to play upto a certain standard every game. You can be all bohemian and footloose depending on your mood that day and the fans or the officials are fine with it.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    projenator wrote:
    Reportedly and this might be a rumor, Robin is asking EB officials for 70 lakhs, 20 lakhs more than that of his previous contract. The buzz in Kolkata was that EB officials are being patient and very considerate by retaining him giving him more time than he already had. Now that Robin has asked for more money, it will be interesting to see what the officials do. If I was in their place,given his extreme moodiness and love for the limelight, I'd have released him, he needs to develop his game by playing somewhere where there is less pressure of expectations and you don't need to play upto a certain standard every game. You can be all bohemian and footloose depending on your mood that day and the fans or the officials are fine with it.

If salary cap is not imposed from next season I fear I-League will only have two teams M.B & E.B rest all closed down. :-SS
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    And Robin Singh's actually value is just 20 lakhs to be frank.DARN these Big 2 of Kolkata and Churchill Bros for inflating wages to almost A-League and MLS level.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    who much do Dempo pay Ranti?