ROUND 11

13»

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Come on, just dislike of the sponsor’s name cannot be the reason to relegate a club!! Chirag or not, they are the old Viva Kerala, and sole representative (and outlet) of South Indian football! They need to stay. OK, if they plan to locate themselves in WB next season, then it will be a different scenario. Even then, they will become like George Telegraph or Peerless or Police AC and fade away.

You may want to relegate Air India or HAL, for committing the sin of being PSU. Unfortunately, AI is playing good, and are on the top half of the table.
  • Come on, just dislike of the sponsor’s name cannot be the reason to relegate a club!! Chirag or not, they are the old Viva Kerala, and sole representative (and outlet) of South Indian football! They need to stay. OK, if they plan to locate themselves in WB next season, then it will be a different scenario. Even then, they will become like George Telegraph or Peerless or Police AC and fade away.

You may want to relegate Air India or HAL, for committing the sin of being PSU. Unfortunately, AI is playing good, and are on the top half of the table.

Well actually now that you mentioned it, the 2012 I-League 2nd Division is scheduled to have two proper Kerlian teams in it, Malabar United and Eagles FC (they play in the capital). If any of those teams make it up then I want Chirag to go because even if Chirag get relegated then another proper named team will come up and take there place as the team in Kerala. Of course if none do get promoted then I would like Chirag to stay one more season just for the fact they play in Kerala.

And ya sad about Air India. But at least HAL is leaving. Also Salgaocar is in trouble but that is a long shot. The problem is that if it is not Chirag then most likely it is Mumbai or Shillong but I dont want any of them to go. We need state/city named clubs!
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Right-O. We would like Mumbai FC and Shillong FC to stay. BTW, I’m not sad for AI departure; they along with HAL screwed up chances of I-league adhering AFC norms which cost us our places in ACL; so both of them should go. But how can we relegate a team at the top half?

If you do not like the name Chirag, you may refer to them as United Kerala, the way MMB is known as Mohun Bagan and KEB as East Bengal only (I do NOT like the names either McDowell and Kingfisher).
  • Right-O. We would like Mumbai FC and Shillong FC to stay. BTW, I’m not sad for AI departure; they along with HAL screwed up chances of I-league adhering AFC norms which cost us our places in ACL; so both of them should go. But how can we relegate a team at the top half?

If you do not like the name Chirag, you may refer to them as United Kerala, the way MMB is known as Mohun Bagan and KEB as East Bengal only (I do NOT like the names either McDowell and Kingfisher).

I dont hate just the name. I hate the company overall. I mean look at there computers. They look and I bet are shit.

Also you are a supporter of Kolkata Football. Look at what they did to Prayag United SC. They left them only becuase they did not have full control of the club. In the end they went to Viva Kerala becuase they saw that they could take full control.

Also I do call East Bengal and Mohun Bagan as East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. If you go on wikipedia all the pages on these teams only use East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. I dont add the sponsor names when on Wiki. But I cant do that with Chirag Kerala. I dont know but its just seems wrong. I mean Kingfisher and McDowel just sponsor the team but Chirag runs there club.

Either way. If you look at the table and Chirags fixtures I think it will be Chirag and HAL.

Also there is a way to still get rid of Air India even if they are in a top postition. If the I-League turns into a franchise league which runs on money like Major League Soccer and A-League then Air India would be sent away fast. Number 1 they dont pass AFC Criteria and 2) they are shit financially and would kill any franchise leagues finances quick. Same with at least 2 clubs from Goa and Kolkata (each). Of course East Bengal and Mohun Bagan would stay (and rightly so) but Pailan dont pass AFC Criteria and Prayag United will move to Siliguri (hopefully change to Siliguri United FC. And in Goa I bet that Sporting and Churchill would stay (Sporting and Churchill are good financially and pass Criteria)

So in a franchise ran world we would see this I-League (as a 8 team league btw because the league would cost to much money if we had 14)

- East Bengal FC
    - Mohun Bagan AC
    - Sporting Clube de Goa
    - Churchill Brothers SC
    - Mumbai FC
    - Pune FC
    - United Sikkim FC
    - Royal Wahingdoh FC

No other club right now could pass a franchise like league and trust me if this was our league then we would easily pass for the Champions League (Well actually if we added 2 teams then we would pass but you know what I mean)

Sorry for adding all that stuff but I needed to get my point across. Also if you need references then go look up the North American Soccer League (United States Soccer League that ran from 1960-1984), Major League Soccer (United States Soccer League that ran from 1996 to now), National Soccer League (Aussie League which ran from 19something (I forgot)-2004) and A-League (2005-present) You will see how to really run a football league in a big country.