Is Pailan Arrows serving its purpose?

2»

Comments

• rudra wrote:
    Wait a min, do you think after Sukhwinder leaves, Arrows players can MAGICALLY get technical competence which they have? Or has anyone accused that Sukhwinder didn't allow Arrows to show their trickery!!!!

The issue with Sukhwinder was the tactics Arrows were following and the team selection....

No was was saying that we all thought that Pailan would get a little better now but this video shows different. It shows that both Pune FC and Pailan were poor that day. Pune had an off day but Pailan I think will struggle till next season.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

Was going.through d old thread.and.came to this one..thought about it n would say yes n no..yes cause quite a few palian players. have been picked up by i-league teams..but i dont see tge vision of qualifying.for.d.world cup with thus.concept comming to fruition.....

pappas is doing a good job. as of today its serving as a feeder team to i-league teams... not having d desired impact on world cup scene.

• > silicon3 said:
    > Was going.through d old thread.and.came to this one..thought about it n would say yes n no..yes cause quite a few palian players. have been picked up by i-league teams..but i dont see tge vision of qualifying.for.d.world cup with thus.concept comming to fruition.....
    >
    >
    > pappas is doing a good job. as of today its serving as a feeder team to i-league teams... not having d desired impact on world cup scene.

True. Honestly, I feel that Bob Houghton and the AIFF were being unrealistic originally about having this team ready for the World Cup in 2018 (A tournament in which qualifying begins in 2015).

And now look at it. We are now talking about 2022 and before 2026 was called out. So your right, the World Cup vision has not come to fruition at all. However I also think that the AIFF made that statement with the assumption that the good players from the 2010-11 season would stay instead of leaving which was not the case in the end.