Siddharth Khushwaha

trojantrojan 371 Points
edited January 2012 in Indian Football Players
Siddharth Khushwaha from Mumbai signed for Spanish third division side Futbol Alcobendas Sport.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/01/30/mumbai-lad-signs-for-spanish-club/

2011 has been a great year for Indian football. Youngsters like Varin Mehta, Ankit Sharma and Pratik Shinde, moved to overseas for bigger opportunities. This year also promises to be exciting for Indian footballers after Siddharth Khushwaha from Mumbai signed for Spanish third division side Futbol Alcobendas Sport.

The striker played his first official match on Saturday.

“I want to use this opportunity to the fullest. Just a match has gone, so I want to score as many goals as I can so that it gives boost to my future career.

“I was part of the Edukick Madrid Academy in Spain where I trained for three months. My good show got me a trial with the club, where the coach decided to offer me the contract,” Siddharth told Mumbai Mirror from Madrid, Spain.

The Mumbai lad was initially part of the Edukick Madrid academy team, where he rose from the ranks to play for AD Colmenar Vejo. Not wasting the opportunity he scored six times in the eight games that he has played in.

His performances did not go unnoticed, and he was invited for a trial with Futbol Alcobendas Sport and they offered him a season-long contract.

Siddharth is the only foreign player in a team full of U-19 players. “It’s a great to be playing competitive football at such a level. When I first came here, I thought the difference would be huge. After a few months I got acclimatised with the style and now I don’t see any difference,” said Siddharth.

Comments