IMG Trainees

2»

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Good for them!! They would have better chance of developing and also become potential future Indian football flag bearers. 
  • Any idea whether the boys will continue when they are done. I bet that if they remain then one of the boys will qualify for the Generation Adidas contract.

"For the best US talents in America (has included foreigners before) in which you can enter the MLS Draft at the age of 18, 19 instead of the usual 21, 22, or 23."
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

my hope atleast get a division1 scholarship for few players

as this worked in indian tennis atleast for few players
  • Ya but I dont consider D1 College level as good as I did before. Yesterday FOX Soccer showed the UNC vs. UVA game (UNC won the championship last year while UVA did it in 2009) and it was not the best quality. The U16 India team can beat them.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

maybe ,but i want them to go college to get experience of conditioning etc,because i see that in sunil to improve himself a lot after playing in usa

• That is what Generation Adidas will do. The GA team went on a tour of Europe to play against Ajax, Bilbao and some other team I forgot.

Of course only select players play there. Also I am sure being a part of the India U16 team at IMG will get you in a D1 College (there are around 200 of them). Also there is the USL Premier Development League which is a summer league before the College season (4th division in the US). 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > That is what Generation Adidas will do. The GA team went on a tour of Europe to play against Ajax, Bilbao and some other team I forgot.

Of course only select players play there. Also I am sure being a part of the India U16 team at IMG will get you in a D1 College (there are around 200 of them). Also there is the USL Premier Development League which is a summer league before the College season (4th division in the US). 

Wow that should be really great experience for the boys...lets hope at least 3-4 boys make it