Aizawl FC

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    I hope they sign better foreigners next season to compete in AFC Cup
    deepak dedhamunna219777deepakc
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6477 Points
    good to hear...
    1. Aizawl FC team bus met with an accident in Aizawl and No casualties.
    2. New sponsors..

Hope core team will remain with Aizawl... 
    deepak dedhaCarbon_14deepakc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    http://www.epaper.eisamay.com/Details.aspx?id=31114&boxid=14352085

A few days ago, six days before the Aizawl FC-Mohun Bagan match to be precise, former Aizawl coach, Jahar Das, who is now in charge of the grassroots development of the club, cited some of the reasons behind the team's success story.

1) He said that the Mizos are a very united people. If a Mizo residing in a different state comes to know that another Mizo in that state has landed in a problem, he goes all out to save him. This solidarity among the people resulted in the tremendous public support whenever Aizawl played at home. In the gallery, it is the girls who scream more than the boys. This is accompanied with different kinds of music. The vociferous crowds tremendously inspire the players...the opposition becomes a bit panicky

2) Jahar Das also credit the local league structure. He says, 'There is no match-fixing here unlike the Kolkata league. The league is very competitive and the refereeing is of a very high standard. Even if the practice grounds are bad, good grounds are provided for the matches. Tickets are provided for all matches. People here buy tickets even to watch Third Division League matches. According to me, the local league is the backbone of the development of the football in a state. That was the reason that a lot of good players used to come from Howrah and 24 Parganas once. The local leagues of those two districts were so competitive. Aizawl's local stars have been groomed in this league.'

3) Jahar credits the tactical nous of the present coach, Khalid Jamil. 'One of the weaknesses of the team was the goalkeeper. Khalid has plugged that loophole by bringing in Albino Gomes from Goa. He has increased the team's strength by bringing in players like Ashutosh and Jayesh. Though he could not get foreign players of a very high standard, he has used them effectively. This has kept the team in the title race.'

As we have seen, the rest is history!
    munna219777goalkeeparBrainFallINDIAArsenalFan700atuljgNagendradeepakcsanvedjadhav
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/fifa-president-gianni-infantino-congratulates-aizawl-fc-on-historic-i-league-triumph-aiff-president-praful-patel-4643121/

FIFA President Gianni Infantino congratulates Aizawl FC on historic I-League triumph

In a letter addressed to AIFF President, Praful Patel, Gianni Infantino lauded the efforts of the entire club.

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has applauded Aizawl FC for their historic I-League win and has sent his congratulations to the champions.

In a letter addressed to AIFF President, Praful Patel, Infantino wrote, “It gives me great pleasure to send my warmest congratulations to Aizawl FC for their first ever league title.”

Lauding the efforts of the entire team, the 47-year-old wrote, “This title is the result of determination of everyone involved and my congratulations go to the players, the coach, the administration, the entire technical and medical staff as well as the fans for this great achievement.”

“On behalf of the entire football community, I would like to thank Aizawl FC and your association for helping to spread the positive message of football.”, he further added.

The President also went on to express his desire to meet the AIFF President and wrote, “I remain at your disposal and look forward to meeting you soon.”

View image on Twitter

Congratulations message from FIFA President Mr. Gianni Infantino.. Thank you FIFA and Mr. President for your warm message.

Responding to this letter, Hon. Secretary, of Mizoram Football Association, Lalnghinglova Hmar said, “The letter congratulating us means a lot and we thank Mr. Infantino for sending it. Aizawl FC will strive harder each day to get Indian football the recognition it deserves.”

Coach Khalid Jamil who led his side to the victory also expressed happiness over this recognition and said,”It a big thing for Indian football and it shows that hard work gets its due recognition. I hope that we continue to do well.”

Interestingly the message from the FIFA President comes at a time when Aizawl FC’s future looms in doubt. With on-going talks of a unified proposed league, reports of the current I-League champions not being a part of the top tier of Indian football next season are doing the rounds.  Eight ISL teams and three I-League teams are set to play in this league. But Aizawl FC are apparently left out of it.

Meanwhile, Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel has said he will speak to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on the ongoing issue of I-League champions Aizawl FC threatening a fast unto death if they are left out of a proposed unified league’s top tier.

deepakcmunna219777sanvedjadhav
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Ajay Devgun  will take the role of Khalid Jamil  wow !!!!

ashindiaCarbon_14
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Who will play Kamo ???
    goalkeeparmohammed_87hassanmunna219777Carbon_14debarghya89karenesudhakar2050
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points

Easily one of the best tweets i've seen, Khalid Jamil in the presser before the final game vs Lajong.
    Carbon_14footydipmunna219777