Players you want to see in East Bengal next session.

Comments

• I wud like MDS to retain good players now that they look good to qualify
    1-0 over Kalighat and they are champions... lets go with that :)
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @Sabir - I thought EB's midfield is best in the country

Mehtab, Orji, Pradhan, Vashum - wow
    and then u got paite

are u sure strikers are not a problem, without Tolgey anyone has delivered? and tolgey plays deep. How many chances have Robin missed this season? A out and out striker like Ranti can make a hell of a difference, I would say they could easily have won the league last season.

I would say pay a lot and get Ranti. Tolgey and Ranti can be deadly.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Rudra.... Keeping Ronti and Tolgey together will cost around 4.5 cr if not more. Mehtab is not his best since his injury in Fed Cup (hope he will recover). We have good players in midfield like Sanju, Vasum and Paite (I like Charan Rai also) but coach prefer to start with Khabra and Sushant keeping Sanju and Paite on bench. I dont know the reason but that surely affected the striking force. Orji has good control and dribbling but his final pass is not good. He also spoilt a lot of attacks just trying to attempt himself. Even today Orji spoilt at least three moves with his selfish attempts. Rather East Bengal should keep a good physical trainer (like Kavin Jackson). Players suffering groin injury (Mehtab, Robin) was not a good sign for fitness level of the team. Robin has the potential. But I think he should work on flexibility of his body. He is not doing enough streching I can bet. Baljit is useless. Two foreign strikers are possible but in that case team has to sacrifice one in defence or midfield.
  • JitJit 36 Points
    we need TOLGE and genuine striker like JAMES MOGA & LAL KAMAL for the new secion
  • Jit wrote:
    we need TOLGE and genuine striker like JAMES MOGA & LAL KAMAL for the new secion

Get Lalkamal. If East Bengal get Moga then guys like Robin Singh will want to leave.

With Lalkamal you will have probably the best Indian midfielder we got right now who can easily assist Tolgay.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    in my shopping list there are few- francis xavier(southern), manirul (mds), prabir das(arrows), milan singh(on loan in arrows), manandeep singh(air india), jagroop singh(prayag), joaqim abranches(dempo), jerry zirsanga(churchill), dhyanchandra singh(mumbai fc)
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    in my shopping list there are few- francis xavier(southern), manirul (mds), prabir das(arrows), milan singh(on loan in arrows), manandeep singh(air india), jagroop singh(prayag), joaqim abranches(dempo), jerry zirsanga(churchill), dhyanchandra singh(mumbai fc)

bhai ur shopping list looks very cost effective... EB recruiters will be very pleased with this list :)
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    rudra wrote:
    imsourav wrote:

bhai ur shopping list looks very cost effective... EB recruiters will be very pleased with this list :)

jagroop the goalkeeper na?? eb has decent cover in that position why go for another goalkeeper??
  • Gurpreet Singh is a great keeper and Nandy is a great backup. Keep it like that.

Defense, I dont know

Midfield: Pradhan, Lalkamal, Orji, Lalrindika

Forward: Robin Singh, Keiji Tamada

For those wonderig who Tamada is. He is a Japanese striker who is 31 years old. He has 72 caps for Japan scoring 16 goals from 2004-2010. He has 127 caps for Nagoya Grampus in the J.League and scored 52 goals.

He could count as a great icon player for East Bengal.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    would he come to india???