How can TEN Action + make viewing I-League better?

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited March 2012 in I league
Today marked history for Major League Soccer, today was the first match to be televised on NBC Sports (A major national sports channel here) and the start of a great 3 year contract between NBC and MLS to televise the league. 3 YEARS! The first match was between New York Red Bulls and FC Dallas (Dallas winning 2-1). What they did amazed me. They had 2 commentators and they had an on the field analyst who would say who is coming on and to basically give news that is going on near the benches. They also had a very stylish scoreboard and they had it an amazing halftime between the 2 commentators who were very knowledgeable. They also have a pre-game show which gives insight from inside and out of the locker rooms and a player profile. They also did a post game which took place in a professional manner (inside the stadium, on a desk with sponsors behind them) not outside or in some random place like I usually see.

Now as for TEN Action I think we need something like this. Of course it would be implemented next season. I think they should force there game of the week to be at 7:30 pm on a Friday. The pre-game would start with a little overview between the 2 commentators with there backs facing the field. Make sure they are wearing suits and make them talk for around 5 minutes. Quick overview. Then straight to a 5 minute commercial break. Then after that go down to the field analyst who would have been inside both locker rooms. He would first talk about the away team and give a 5 minute break down of them, maybe throw in a coach interview. Then after that do the same with the home team. 5 minute overview of the home team, coach interview and all that. Then after that have another 5 minute commercial break (that would be around 20 minutes done by the time the commercial break is over). Then come back and show a 5 minute "Player of the Week" segment which tells the viewers about the player and where he is from, what he thinks of the season and his own predictions. The after that do 5 minutes to show on the screen the starting line-ups. Then have the commentators talk about what they think of the line-up. Then done.

Then for the game. After a 5 minute commercial break come back and show the line-ups one more time. Then say who the referees are and then kick-off. Then make sure that the commentators are always talking. Dont go into super long periods of silence. Then about once every 10 minutes go down to the field analyst and see if anything is happening down on the sidelines. Continue that till half time then at half-time have the 2 commentators again with there back to the field talk about the first 45 minutes. Then repeat for the second half.

After the game have a 5 minute break and then have the 2 commentators show up again and give there thoughts on the game. Then go on another 5 minute break and then go down to the post-game interviews at the desks and all that and have the coaches and 1 player from each team talk about the game and what they think. Then go back to the commentators and have a little preview of the rest of the matches that week. Then get there final thoughts on the rest of the week and season and then your done.

What you all think? What do you all think we should do or what TEN Action do?

Comments

• BTW Here is the highlights of that game I was talking about...

Just to show an example.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    BTW Here is the highlights of that game I was talking about...

Just to show an example.
    the way they run the match telecast is fabulous but i doubt the ability of ten sports to match this level as they are not that efficient...
    in next season i see the chance of neo sports too coming in for rights as they would be having only wsh and no indian cricket matches...so they will have loads of time space left as well and these guys do promote and present their product in better way than ten action
  • Well lets do this...

NEO Sports World Series Hockey...

TEN Action Football...

Hmm, I say NEO Sports is better but it dependes on how they would broadcast Indian football.
  • @arsenalfan, the things you have mentioned reminds me of IPL..well quite similar
  • @arsenalfan, the things you have mentioned reminds me of IPL..well quite similar

Expected. I also saw a few IPL matches last season via slingbox stream but ya I can see the similarity between IPL and MLS telecasting.

BTW here is another great WSH game on NEO Sports...

the main problem which result in poor telecast of i-league matches when compared to other league is the no of cameras they use for live telecast
    i doubt whether they even use more that 4 cameras.....at least 8-10 cameras should be used for national telecast or else it is not helping for a good fan view in tv
    rest of the things like commentators,pre match, post match show and all may follow soon later
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    If the product is pathetic, using more cameras would actually work against you.
    Unless we have some really good players from abroad in the league and the stadiums are good looking, comfortable, the football is sweet, better telecast will do very lil good.

The graphics used by NBC suits only because the pitch, the stadium, the fans all are in synchrony.
    I remember when Zee started NFL telecast, they tried to do all these stuff including bringing cheergirls. But that waned away
    Admin wrote:
    If the product is pathetic, using more cameras would actually work against you.
    Unless we have some really good players from abroad in the league and the stadiums are good looking, comfortable, the football is sweet, better telecast will do very lil good.

The graphics used by NBC suits only because the pitch, the stadium, the fans all are in synchrony.
    I remember when Zee started NFL telecast, they tried to do all these stuff including bringing cheergirls. But that waned away

that is the reason why i would prefer all i-league teams to play in a stadium which have capacity not more than 25,000(may move to salt lake for derby) as it will give a better advertisement of the sport.....and as far as quality goes it is not gonna be raised till the time aiff brings some rules to raise the quality of foreigners in our league which shall help our youngster watch them grow as well
    and for these to happen it will take time iguess...so does that mean we may really have to wait for min of another 5-6 years to get the same way of viewing which we get from ipl or wsh???
  • Right now to me we only have a few real football stadiums in India.

The Paljor Stadium (Sikkim), The Siliguri Stadium (Siliguri), The Tilak Stadium (Goa), Cooperage Stadium (Mumbai), Bangalore Football Stadium (Bangalore)

Then you got the usual "oval" stadiums that have a track or that have the field far from fans. Fatorda Stadium, Salt Lake Stadium, Balewadi Stadium, Yashwant Stadium (Nagpur), Municipal Stadium (Kerala), Kaloor Stadium (Kerala), Nehru Stadium (Delhi), Nehru Stadium (Chennai), GMC Stadium (Hyderabad), and much, much, more.

I think we need to start developing football stadiums that dont have a track and oval shape. Just make the stadium look like the stadium shown in the MLS video, a good rectangle. Fans close to the action, REAL SEATS! Also revamp the 5 stadiums I mentioned above.

I want stadiums that look like this...
    http://samaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Aizawl-Rajiv-Gandhi-Stadium.jpg

If we can get this done by 2017 or even 2018 then I can assure you all the league will get much much better in terms of presentation.

As for @shankar comments about waiting 5-6 years. I dont think so. Right now I think AIFF and IMG will stick with TEN Action for next season and ask TEN Action for better presentation and games in Shillong. Thus boosting good attended games.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Right now to me we only have a few real football stadiums in India.

The Paljor Stadium (Sikkim), The Siliguri Stadium (Siliguri), The Tilak Stadium (Goa), Cooperage Stadium (Mumbai), Bangalore Football Stadium (Bangalore)

Then you got the usual "oval" stadiums that have a track or that have the field far from fans. Fatorda Stadium, Salt Lake Stadium, Balewadi Stadium, Yashwant Stadium (Nagpur), Municipal Stadium (Kerala), Kaloor Stadium (Kerala), Nehru Stadium (Delhi), Nehru Stadium (Chennai), GMC Stadium (Hyderabad), and much, much, more.

I think we need to start developing football stadiums that dont have a track and oval shape. Just make the stadium look like the stadium shown in the MLS video, a good rectangle. Fans close to the action, REAL SEATS! Also revamp the 5 stadiums I mentioned above.

I want stadiums that look like this...
    http://samaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Aizawl-Rajiv-Gandhi-Stadium.jpg

If we can get this done by 2017 or even 2018 then I can assure you all the league will get much much better in terms of presentation.

As for @shankar comments about waiting 5-6 years. I dont think so. Right now I think AIFF and IMG will stick with TEN Action for next season and ask TEN Action for better presentation and games in Shillong. Thus boosting good attended games.

i was talking about the the infrastructure and quality of play which is gonna take some 5-6 yrs min to get to the level good enough...
    and you missed on the ambedkar stadium(delhi)that is excellent football stadium if done the revamp before any team from delhi comes up it will be fabulous to experience a match over there