Too late to start?

AlphaboyAlphaboy 0 Points
hey guys, im new to the forum ... so hiii all
im 17 right now, i live in delhi, and i am not really good at soccer, an amatuer u can say...
But i want to make it to the pros, now i've realised i really love football, and i will soon join a club once 12th class is over...
but is it too late for a 17 year old to start playing soccer?
i beleive it should not be but u know some naysayers are always there :P
so can u tell me best academy in delhi or if i could join a club and start late?
i beleive my love and commitment towards soccer and i beleive i can make it... i am willing to give it my all....
plz give me tips guidance or any other thing u want.... but dont say i cant do it, i already have enough naysayers in my life :P

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    edited March 2012
    I have created a thred for you :D I will be happy if those tips help anyone. I dont think 17 is too late (dont say you never played football before that ) Many players shifted to football from other games. Tulunga was a Hockey player; Robin Singh was in cricket...and there are many instances...communicate with members of your age especially Arsenalfan.... BTW check out the thread 'Football Tips' in Other Indian Footy stuff and 'Football training video' in chill out section. Post your strength and weaknesses so that others who have experience can guide you.
  • @Alphaboy, welcome to IFNF, first introduce yourself in the introduction thread & wish to see you for more discussions >:D<
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Alphaboy wrote:
    im 17 right now, i live in delhi, and i am not really good at soccer, an amatuer u can say...
    But i want to make it to the pros, now i've realised i really love football, and i will soon join a club once 12th class is over...
    so can u tell me best academy in delhi or if i could join a club and start late?
    i beleive my love and commitment towards soccer and i beleive i can make it... i am willing to give it my all....
    plz give me tips guidance or any other thing u want.... but dont say i cant do it, i already have enough naysayers in my life :P

Yes it is late.But did you ever play football before ??? If you have played regularly atleast then there is little chance of getting selected in State League with hardwork if not then you can play corporate/7 a side football along with your buddies,you also learn football freestyle which does't even need extra men or ground its really cool.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Alphaboy wrote:

If you can somehow ask Sushil Singh the secret behind getting selected under all coaches of India, then you might get yourself in the team within a few yrs

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    rudra wrote:
    Alphaboy wrote:

If you can somehow ask Sushil Singh the secret behind getting selected under all coaches of India, then you might get yourself in the team within a few yrs

=))
  • Alphaboy wrote:

With the direction Indian Football is going lately I would say it is to late for I-League and India Nations, basically its to late for Pro Football BUT you can still play in your state league (Delhi Senior Division) and maybe (with hard work) get yourself into the I-League.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    I would say do not bother about when you start. Just focus on your game and improve . If you are really good, age is just a number. But when you start late, you have to put in lot more effort. So be prepared for that. Welcome to Indian Football Forum (IFF)
  • AlphaboyAlphaboy 0 Points
    I dunno about sushil singh but yeah i know some things about vijender singh....
    once someone met him in a marriage and asked how was he a great success....
    he said he had the passion.. even in the midnight he went up and down the rope hundred times and many things like that..... and the someone who met him told me that if u have passion and hardwork, u can do anything and yes he even said that age is no bar... 17 is alright..... and of course i have played soccer b4 and i know about it :P
  • AlphaboyAlphaboy 0 Points
    my purpose to post here was just to get some suggestions and to get some more ppl who beleive it can be done... as i said b4, there are A LOT of naysayers in my life, and they all say u gone crazy..... :-((
    But inspite of all those ppl, i beleive in my passion, i beleive in my hard work and i beleive i can do something big.... YES!!
    And so right now i get out of my home 6:00 am, just dribbling around the sectors for 1-2 hours.... then my friends, who are cricket and badminton fans :P call me but even when im fielding i just try and juggle the ball and i field where the ball never comes :D
    So thnx every1 once again, @sabir @admin @arsenalfan
    now i'll be posting next for tips.....
    Wish me Luck guys, i'll be needing it :)>-
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Join Baichung Bhutia Football schools and learn some stuff there.