2015 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    trojan wrote:
    so we cant play both regular qualifiers and afc challenge cup 2014 ?

From the looks of it... NO.
    i think there is still a possibilty of trying both way mutually as in last time also the draw for india matches in regular draw was out and since we won the challenge cup we withdrew or else we would have been continuing the qualifiers as well
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    For God Sake we are going to participate in AFC CHALLENGE CUP 2014 QUALIFIERS(NOT THE MAIN TOURNAMENT :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFC_Challenge_Cup_qualification)

There is no way AFC gonna spend $$$(Travel subsidy for regular qualifiers costs millions) in teams who are nothing but disgrace to game of football.
  • ashindia wrote:
    For God Sake we are going to participate in AFC CHALLENGE CUP 2014 QUALIFIERS(NOT THE MAIN TOURNAMENT :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFC_Challenge_Cup_qualification)

There is no way AFC gonna spend $$$(Travel subsidy for regular qualifiers costs millions) in teams who are nothing but disgrace to game of football.

How does the 2012 Qualification say if we will do the 2014 version. We have time to decide. Right now I would say we should do the Challenge Cup but if we plan right and enforce things we can go to the qualifiers.
  • ashindia wrote:

How does the 2012 Qualification say if we will do the 2014 version. We have time to decide. Right now I would say we should do the Challenge Cup but if we plan right and enforce things we can go to the qualifiers.
  • Abhik09Abhik09 0 Points
    But i think India is an exceptional case, both AFC and Fifa want the game to develop, so they are doing whatever possible to promote the game in India....so I guess we can Participate in both the competition as a $$$$ loss is nothing compared to $$$$$$ that AFC can gain in 2015 Asian cup (considering no. of Indians in Australia)....
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Abhik09 wrote:
    But i think India is an exceptional case, both AFC and Fifa want the game to develop, so they are doing whatever possible to promote the game in India....so I guess we can Participate in both the competition as a $$$$ loss is nothing compared to $$$$$$ that AFC can gain in 2015 Asian cup (considering no. of Indians in Australia)....

That is a very valid point. But howmuchever they try to make India qualify, India is hell bent on not doing so it seems
  • Abhik09Abhik09 0 Points
    somesh wrote:

That is a very valid point. But howmuchever they try to make India qualify, India is hell bent on not doing so it seems

Ya....as of now we stand no chance...but every day is different, may be with a new coach and few change of players it is achievable .....[Even Lebanon made it to the 4th round of WCQ]
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    20 TEAMS ONLY FOR QUALIFIERS !!!!

Kuala Lumpur: The members of the Organising Committee for the AFC Asian Cup 2015 were briefed on AFC’s inspection visit to Australia in February 2012 and the outcome of discussions with Football Federation Australia.

In the committee's second meeting, which was held under the chairmanship of AFC Vice-President HRH Prince Abdullah Ibni Sultan Ahmad Shah, the members discussed the progress report, including the probable draw date of the qualifiers, timelines, venue selection tours, brand identity development, and a marketing plan.

The members were informed that 20 teams, who have confirmed their entries for the qualifiers, would be drawn into five groups of four teams each. The top two teams from each group and one third best-placed team from among all the groups would qualify for the Finals.

THe top three teams from the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011™ - Japan, Australia and Korea Republic – alongside 2012 AFC Challenge Cup winners DPR Korea, and the champions of the 2014 edition of the AFC Challenge Cup will get direct entry into the Finals.

HRH Prince Abdullah thanked the members for their input during the meeting and hoped matters related to organising this prestigious competition would be resolved.

“We must understand that the competition is new to Australia and they are new to us. They should also understand our requests and matters related to organisation because standard is of essence to this tournament,” he said.

“I hope any shortfalls with regards to the preparations will be resolved amicably.”

AFC Acting President Zhang Jilong highlighted the importance of the competition saying, “It is not easy to host this important competition but AFC will work closely with the Local Organising Committee to deliver a successful competition.”

He also asked the administration to follow timelines and keep the members informed about the progress.

Source :-http://www.the-afc.com/en/news/38454-boost-to-afc-asian-cup-2015

________________________________________________________________________________

Now I'm 100% sure that India is not amongst the 20 teams in the qualifiers so lets just forget this thread and talk about 2014 Challenge Cup Qualifiers. :-\"
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ya now we dont stand much chance to get a spot in this qualifier
  • shankar wrote:
    ya now we dont stand much chance to get a spot in this qualifier

2014 AFC Challenge Cup Champions INDIA!