Pune FC Academy

Comments

• > debarghya89 said:
    > Ranjan Choudhary bringing in 3 foreigners for the academy in May..2 are from Lagos,Nigeria and 1 from Togo..They are school students 15/16 years old.. 

Are they strikers?
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > debarghya89 said:
    > > Ranjan Choudhary bringing in 3 foreigners for the academy in May..2 are from Lagos,Nigeria and 1 from Togo..They are school students 15/16 years old.. 

Are they strikers?

No idea as yet
  • They better not be strikers. Midfield and Defense should be the focus.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > debarghya89 said:
    > > Ranjan Choudhary bringing in 3 foreigners for the academy in May..2 are from Lagos,Nigeria and 1 from Togo..They are school students 15/16 years old.. 

Are they strikers?

At this age, in good academies, the positions for the players are not that well set. I mean of course they can be strikers, defenders etc., but with a good flexibility. Papas has changed a lot of positions for TFA/India u19 players, and with good success. In general the idea being that if the academy has trained well, then at a young age, players can be given different positions. I remember reading somewhere that in Villareal academy, the players need to play in atleast 3 different positions

• > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > >
    > debarghya89 said:
    > > > Ranjan Choudhary bringing in 3 foreigners for the academy in May..2 are from Lagos,Nigeria and 1 from Togo..They are school students 15/16 years old.. 

Are they strikers?

At this age, in good academies, the positions for the players are not that well set. I mean of course they can be strikers, defenders etc., but with a good flexibility. Papas has changed a lot of positions for TFA/India u19 players, and with good success. In general the idea being that if the academy has trained well, then at a young age, players can be given different positions. I remember reading somewhere that in Villareal academy, the players need to play in atleast 3 different positions

>
    >

True. Gareth Bale... that left-winger who is the best player on Tottenham in the Premier League was originally a left-back his whole youth career. He was horrible defensively but he had great pace and a nack for doing gorgeous moves up top so they moved him. Same with a few Arsenal players and me. 

I started as a right-sided midfielder but I have horrible pace down the wings and my passing could be better but I can shoot well so I am second-striker.

I guess what I meant is though that many players at this age really only think of being a striker. Ask any kid, "My favorite player is Messi. Ronaldo. Rooney. Villa. Drogba. etc". Most of them only want to be a striker and forget wanting to be anything else. Just dont want that here with these foreigners they bring in.

Of course it is early days. I will wait till they actually arrive. Till then I will keep applauding Pune FC. To already have an Academy boy with 3 first-team caps after 1 year of operation is a great achievement.
  • http://dnasyndication.com/dna/dna_english_news_and_features/PPFCA-go-down-in-a-thriller/DNPUN57330

Pune FC Academy 3-4 Vasco SC.

This was the Vasco SC first-team as well!!! I know this Vasco side is weaker than usual but this is still a great achievment. The fact that the Academy side of Pune FC were able to come out and hold there own against a historic club like Vasco is just performing over their expectations.

This should be a wake up call for the other I-League teams. How benefitial a real Academy can be. Pune FC are not churning out players like there is no tomorrow but they are establishing themselves as the building block for younger players. Where the best and more dedicated make it to the top I-League while the rest are virtually guarenteed a career in football in the state leagues.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Peninsula Pune FC Academy registered a convincing 5-2 win over Amanora Deccan XI FC ‘A’ in Match 5 earlier in the day.

Defender Henry Monsang (33rd) opened scoring before medio Abung Meetei (38th) gave PPFCA a two-goal lead at half time. Deccan XI pulled one back through striker Shadab Shaikh (62nd) in the second half.

However, PPFCA scored three quick goals through medio Rugved Yeole (76th), strikers William Lalnunfela (79th) and substitute Thongkhosiem Haokip before Shadab (87th) netted a late consolation goal.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> hadfadkar said:
    > Pune FC to train foreign youngsters at their academy
    >
    > http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/03/11/pune-fc-to-train-foreign-youngsters-at-their-academy/

TUBELIGHT
  • can those forieners be given passport and make them play for india?