AFC News

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This is the president of the AFC:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Bin_Ibrahim_Al-Khalifa</font></div>;
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This is the president of the AFC:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Bin_Ibrahim_Al-Khalifa</font></div>;

<br><div><br></div><div>just completed the reading and to feel about our president (AIFF) i went to praful patel profile and i see that corruption allegation covers 50% of his wiki details...</div><div><br></div><div>thats what is the main criteria here to stand for big post <span style="font-size: 10pt;">$-)</span></div>
  • Meh, corruption is everywhere sadly. From FIFA to the AIFF. As long as the person or organization gets shit done I don't think anyone cares if you are corrupt or not.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="4"><b>Thai club signs former Arsenal starlet Jay Simpson</b></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="4"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The former Arsenal players makes a move to Thailand's Buriram United as a free agent on a record-breaking contract.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Full Article: </b>http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2013/09/29/4297288/thai-club-signs-former-arsenal-starlet-jay-simpson</font></div>;
    Man... money can get you anything today. Sadly, the TPL, in its current state, looks to become to Scottish Premiership of Asia.
  • Man... money can get you anything today. Sadly, the TPL, in its current state, looks to become to Scottish Premiership of Asia.

whats wrong with SPL
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shakkeerKM wrote: »
    Man... money can get you anything today. Sadly, the TPL, in its current state, looks to become to Scottish Premiership of Asia.

whats wrong with SPL

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">The Scottish Premiership has always struggled to deal with the "Celtic effect" (formally the "Celtic/Rangers effect") in which only Celtic (and Rangers) were ever able to gain fans and really make some kind of profit and good players while the rest of the clubs struggle to fill their stadiums, make any profit, or sign any decent players.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I decided to do some work for wikipedia on the Scottish Premiership over the summer and what I saw was astonishing. There is Celtic signing guys like Amido Baldé from the Portugese Top Tier, Virgil van Dijk and Derk Boerrigter from the Dutch Top Tier, and Teemu Pukki from Schalke in the Bundesliga (and he was a regular with them as well)</font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"> while you have say the 2nd best team from this season currently (well 1st but would be 2nd if Celtic played the same number of matches most likely), Inverness Caledonian Thistle, signing </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dean Brill, Marley Watkins, Ben Greenhalgh, James Vincent, and Carl Tremarco from the English 5th tier, Curtis Allen from the Northern Irish 1st tier, with only Torbjørn Agdestein and Adam Evans coming from the English 2nd tier.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is the same in Thailand. Buriram United sign bloody Carmelo Gonzalez, Jesus Berrocal, Bruno Arias, Manuel Redondo, and Javier Patino from the Spanish 2nd Division, Kai Hirano from the Japanese 2nd Tier, and now Jay Simpson from the bloody English 2nd Tier and a former Arsenal Youth Star.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Meanwhile the 2nd best club in Thailand, Muangthong United, can only manage Kim Yoo-Jin from a mid-table club in China. They do have a few other good players (one coming on loan from the K League) and another that came from the Ivory Coast league a few years ago but 5 former Spanish 2nd Tier regulars and a former Arsenal Youth Star easily triumph over that. And don't get me started on the rest of the TPL.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That is what I meant. Slowly it is happening.</font></div>
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    When will I league be like chinese super league when players are broth from top leagues paying transfer fee =D>