PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

1104105106107108110»

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    edited September 19
    I think top players won't come to India tbh . 
    They have aspirations. Players like Arjan and Dhandha are playing in Top leagues . Giving up their passports means goodbye to Europe . 

I'm talking about the other young players . The two players that I've mentioned before ,then there's Dilan Makanday and some other players who doesn't look like they will make it to the top but will end up playing in League 1 and 2 . These players can be lured in to ISL . If FSDL and AIFF decides to implement one such rule that PIO players won't be considered as foreign players, then it will be a game changer . ISL and top I League clubs and agents will hunt down players playing in lower divisions. It's a win win situation for ISL clubs and AIFF. And ofcourse clubs will pay them good amount of money . That'll make them stay here because it's that kind of money that they will not get in any other lower divisions .
    Getting an OCI card takes 30 days . If they stay here for minimum 1 year , in 5 years they'll be eligible for citizenship . These things look more practical than change of laws . With a few success stories and ISL money,  this can become a trend . 

indian_goonerDeb_Bangiridharansouravindia
  • Getting an OCI card takes 30 days . If they stay here for minimum 1 year , in 5 years they'll be eligible for citizenship .

i didn't understand this point. please correct me. 

1. Apply for OCI card - if everything ok then got it in 30 days.

Assuming the applied date is 01 Sep 2024, got OCI card on 01 Oct 2024.

2. The players gets to play in ISL from season 2024-2025 which is his 1st season. 

3. Assuming player completed 1 year of OCI card when reached 01 Oct 2025. Then 2nd year of OCI is Oct 2026, ... 5th year will be Oct 2029. So the player is granted citizenship in Oct 2029 and eligible to play for NT then ?

So in order to get at prime age, one should apply once they turn 21. They will come to self realization that they will never make it to the England squad.

This is quite a difficult choice to make for any professional footballer. Almost every boy child in England would dream of somehow make it in England squad. We have seen Ivan Toney/Jamie Vardy/Ricky Lambert making debut for England at late 20s. 

Some others who have Irish heritage though grandparents/parents test their waters in youth level like Declan Rice/Jack Grealish who represented Ireland at youth levels. Once they get confident enough to make it, then they make a decision. 

edited September 19
    1. Yes
    2. Yes 
    3. Yes 
    I think we can atleast lure in a few players . 
    Like I said only a few like Arjan and Dhanda are successful  . Most of the Indian origin players played in lower divisions earning 1/5th of what our domestic players earn. They will get good money , importance and if they perform well , decent fan following as well .And I think even if we get them by 28 -29 it would be OK . But efforts should be made to bring them as soon as possible .
    PS. They can almost 100 percent  get their British citizenship back in their later life if they want to.  Their parents or wife must be a British citizen , as per what I could find from the internet .
    giridharanDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    I don't think these things will happen. AIFF is least bothered to perform their basic duties. Kalyan Chaubey has no power or influence on Govt to force such rules. 

Lot of PIO players understand this too. So they don't want to waste their time on such a tidious process that doesn't guarantee any fruit in the end 
    BrainFallINDIAgiridharan
    Yea ,it's too much to expect from AIFF

• https://www.facebook.com/share/p/uD3hnm4ifcdrbzk8/?mibextid=oFDknk
     How did Sri Lanka’s national team, ranked 205th by FIFA, manage to surprise everyone by beating  Cambodia in the AFC Asian Cup 2027 qualifiers?

Seasia Goal researched the Sri Lankan Football Federation for swiftly transforming the team by scouting diaspora players worldwide. Just three months after losing twice to Brunei with an aggregate of 0-2, Sri Lanka revamped their squad, now mainly consisting of naturalized players. The new lineup againts Cambodia, with 8 out of 11 naturalized players, shocked Cambodia and dashed their Asian Cup hopes.

giridharangopiajeesh
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4010 Points
    Vimal Yoganathan plays against man united. 
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/vimal-yoganathan/profil/spieler/1087487

we will miss out on so many players will be others gain. 

i know AIFF does not give a rats ass about anything. kalyan formed that committee for just PR. we never heard anything on the timeline he mentioned. even if they follow existing players like this who are 20 and have zero chance of making it to their national team. we could have a strong team after 5-6 years. it is better than any project we can do. going by this trend we will be below bangladesh and srilanka. we will only be better than Pakistan who might also get lucky with some more foreign players.
    BrainFallINDIAgoalkeeparindian_goonerDeb_Ban
    Vimal is Sri Lankan Tamil . 
    Nevertheless,  SAFF teams are trying their best to naturalize as many players as they can . 
    Going by this rate we'll struggle even in the SAFF Cup in coming years .
    ashindiagiridharanindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Sounds like SAFF is going to become more competitive finally lol
    giridharanashindia