PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    And what junk playing eleven.. Rahul Behke is the best RB ? I doubt. He is weak and couldn't win aerial ball in ISL and piss poor performance in some of the matches. 
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Someone brings this issue every 5 months and we again start this discussion from the start. I have had enough please go through 86 pages of this thread instead of bringing same old shit. 

Nothing will happen
    Ratulashindiaindian_goonermunna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Rules will never change. Danby Batth too will get old and retire like Chopra and rules never be changed. If someone's really interested they can take Irata and Aryn Williams path of giving up and applying. Im bored of seeing best PIO XI etc.
    Maddiegoalkeeparrathorevarun4 munna219777sparta
    edited April 2018
    Immigration rules shouldn't be changed. If I give up Indian Citizenship for some reasons, I should follow the rules to earn it back if I want. 
    munna219777sparta
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Can any country let a player play for its NT without offering passport? What is the FIFA rule? 
    Any player ... who assumes a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
    a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association;
    b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association;
    c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;
    d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant association.
    munna219777
  • So messi and ronaldo would have been eligible to play for spain. B)
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2018
    @sam FIFA is clear on its rulebook that Passport is required. OCI type cards are not recognised by FIFA. pakistan allows dual citizenship with 19 countries. So those players might be having two passports, british as well as pakistan.
    indian_goonerSOCCER4kl
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited May 2018
    There is one more thing. Even if Indian Government allow Dual Citizenship, other country needs to allow its citizen to have Dual citizenship with India. Country to country agreements are signed. That takes years and years.

Countries often become reluctant to give Dual Citizenship status if there are a huge number of immigrants from a particular country. Thats why India is in problem because always so many Indian immigrants are there in foreign country. So even if Indian government says yes we allow somebody with foreign passport to also have Indian passport, those countries might say, wait a minute-we may not allow this. Rules are complex in the manner one can acquire two citizenships. You are already indian citizen and then you acquire foreign citizenship, you were a foreign citizen and then you acquire indian citizenship thru parents - its all very complicated.

Many PIO are unable to get OCI card, here people want them to have two passports and play for India.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited May 2018
    @munna219777 about last line, 

please spare us ,Not everyone is encyclopedia like you dammit