Should they make a new Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal?

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited April 2012 in Chill Out
I am just wondering now because after watching GOAL 1, 2 and 3 it just made me wonder. What if they made a sequel but this time make it "Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal 2: Taking it to the Next Level"

Try making this movie as part of a promotion for Indian football. Basically continue the story of Sunny and have be at the age of 24-25 playing in the Conference Premier (5th tier of England) so now his England National career is ruined but then before AFC Asian Cup Qualifying comes Sunny gets the invite to play for India. Have him be eligible for an Indian passport somehow and make up a plot in which he decides to give up his English passport and go for Indian citizenship.

Then have him play through the qualifiers with Sunil Chhetri, Nabi, and other real players making guest appearances. Then make a plot where the team goes through qualification and make it by beating Pakistan 3-0. Then in the Asian Cup make up a plot in which India defy all odds and how the amazing strike partnership of Sunny and Sunil is the best in the Cup.

Then India makes it to the Final against Australia (the audience would love the good old India vs Australia match up). Then have some sort of conflict in which for some movie reason Sunny leaves the Indian team because Real Madrid or some big club wants to sign him but in order for that to happen he must leave the Asian Cup and get to Spain or whatever as quick as possible. This causes unrest and then when the game happens without Sunny have Australia take a 2-0 lead into halftime. Then when the 2nd half starts again without Sunny India pulls 1 goal back but Australia again score to make it 3-1. Then all of a sudden Sunny comes out of the locker room after rejecting that big Euro club just to play for India. He then comes on as a sub and gets the assist as Sunil scores. He then scores himself to level it at 3-3 going into extra time. Then have the game go to penalties where every player scores until that one Australian misses meaning that if Sunny score, India wins. Sunny scores and India win the AFC Asian Cup.

The next day he gets the call from some unknown big Euro club and done. Leave room for the third part.

So what do you guys think. Should they restart the movie?

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    a decent story but to see india taking the afc title is too much unrealistic to be believed

and also i would go for a part where he leads a i-league team to afc cup glory which would be bit realistic comparitively as we even reached semis once of it
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    given the first movie was a big flop i dont think the producers will venture into it again...
    btw there's another football oriented bengali film (Bicycle Kick) is under production, but i guess it wont be of any use to non bengali audience. However, the bengali Movie EGARO (eleven), about MB's IFA Shield win in 1911 had english subtitles...not a very well made movie though, wud mainly appeal club fans
  • rudra wrote:
    given the first movie was a big flop i dont think the producers will venture into it again...
    btw there's another football oriented bengali film (Bicycle Kick) is under production, but i guess it wont be of any use to non bengali audience. However, the bengali Movie EGARO (eleven), about MB's IFA Shield win in 1911 had english subtitles...not a very well made movie though, wud mainly appeal club fans

I would love to see Egaro

also @shankar it does not have to be realistic. Even Goal was unrealistic. Do you really think that a kid from LA can go from amateur to champions league with Newcastle in 3 weeks! Haha na.

Anyway if the first one flopped then never mind. I never took into account the audience we would need.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Egaro of course suffers from low production values...i wud have loved to see the movie in hindi with big productions involved...
    See its story is basically like lagaan, but lagaan was fiction this is truth...so with bit more masala, adding little fictional accounts, some love story etc...it cud have been a good movie...but them Lagaan was abt cricket, and cricket is what matters :(
  • rudra wrote:
    Egaro of course suffers from low production values...i wud have loved to see the movie in hindi with big productions involved...
    See its story is basically like lagaan, but lagaan was fiction this is truth...so with bit more masala, adding little fictional accounts, some love story etc...it cud have been a good movie...but them Lagaan was abt cricket, and cricket is what matters :(

I never heard of lagaan

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Lagaan was nominated for Oscars in foreign movie category..u can google it...its a movie about Indian farmers who play a cricket match against the britishers...its a entertaining movie but a bit too long...was a huge hit
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited April 2012
    rudra wrote:

laagan was a true event @rudra but in the movie it was spiced up
    On this pattern in Japan there was a comic by the name of Captian Tsubasa which was later animated. this was done to motivate children take up soccer
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    archak wrote:
    rudra wrote:

No way!!!!

Here's what aamir khan said -

"Q: Is Lagaan linked to the true story of how cricket came to India?

AKh: No, it has no link to any true story. Once Ashutosh hit upon the idea, and once I tried to dissuade him from making it, he did a lot of research. You had, at that time, triangular tournaments, in about 1912, with the Hindu gymkhana, the Muslim gymkhana, and so on. That's when it actually began. So 1893 was when no Indian had played cricket."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2002/oct/27/bollywood.features
    rudra wrote:
    archak wrote:
    rudra wrote:

No way!!!!

Here's what aamir khan said -

"Q: Is Lagaan linked to the true story of how cricket came to India?

AKh: No, it has no link to any true story. Once Ashutosh hit upon the idea, and once I tried to dissuade him from making it, he did a lot of research. You had, at that time, triangular tournaments, in about 1912, with the Hindu gymkhana, the Muslim gymkhana, and so on. That's when it actually began. So 1893 was when no Indian had played cricket."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2002/oct/27/bollywood.features

there was a match versus the parsis upon which the movie was based