IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• Yep and to give some Indian example.... World Sieres Hockey took time. Was not made straight away after the Olympics. This was started in 2010 and took 2 years to get going, and get going right and of course they had there controversies along the way.<div><br></div><div>So ya, realistically expect a plan to be implemented for 2013-14 really. Cant 2012-13 being the "huge" change.</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <div><h1 style="font-size: 28px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 12px; margin-left: 0px; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">AIFF and IMG-Reliance’s ‘Slack’ behaviour results in no plan on Indian football being presented</h1></div><a href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/25/3059078/aiff-and-img-reliances-slack-behaviour-results-in-no-plan-on">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/25/3059078/aiff-and-img-reliances-slack-behaviour-results-in-no-plan-on</a><div><br></div>;
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    usaindia wrote:
    <div><h1 style="font-size: 28px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 12px; margin-left: 0px; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">AIFF and IMG-Reliance’s ‘Slack’ behaviour results in no plan on Indian football being presented</h1></div><a href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/25/3059078/aiff-and-img-reliances-slack-behaviour-results-in-no-plan-on">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/25/3059078/aiff-and-img-reliances-slack-behaviour-results-in-no-plan-on</a><div><br></div>;

<br><br>Goal.com... where proper sports management knowledge does not make any sense.<br><br>Translation for people: This article is rubbish. Never expect things to be done early in India and in sports overall specially with the huge disadvantages Football has in the domestic Indian sports department. Basically, wait and you shall all be happy with the result.<br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Get this meeting done man,this time I want some real changes. 
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    ashindia wrote:
    Get this meeting done man,this time I want some real changes. 

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">The changes will be this for the 2012-13 season...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">1) 16 team league</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) Air India FC, Chirag United, Churchill Brothers, Dempo, Kingfisher East Bengal, McDowel Mohun Bagan, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited SC, Mumbai FC, Pailan Arrows, Prayag United, Pune FC, Salgaocar SC, Sporting Goa, Shillong Lajong, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation FC, and United Kolkata-Sikkim FC.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) 30 team 2nd Division</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">4) DSL FC, BEML FC, ETMA Mohammedan FC, Aizawl FC, Young Men SC, Intertelephones, Neonlight SC, Oil India FC, [other random non-professional but still allowed in I-League clubs here]</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) 3 teams relegated. No parachute money. If you get relegated and your finances are shit then enjoy it even more when we dont help you and you guys have to give up all your players for free, play only 3 months a year and potentially go into financial administration.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">6) The winner will gain a 1 lakh discount to McDonalds</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">7) The I-League U20 league will be disbanded as there is no need for a youth league when we have u14 kids in the AIFF-FIFA Academies; where will they go after the academies you say... i dont know, we will let "Future AIFF" deal with that problem.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">8) Also we will sign a new TV deal with TEN Action and News Time and only show Goan and Kolkata games in empty stadiums.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Sounds good to me.</font></div>
  • rudra wrote:
    u know coz?

<br><div><br></div><div>I can see the future. </div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    btw most ppl crying for TV deal in orkut/facebook/ifn actually didnt see most of the matches which were shown
  • True that. I always see those people on Facebook always saying "I think in order to get I-League popular we need to have matches on TV"<div><br></div><div>I am like "HELLO! We do have matches on TV, just go to TEN Action plus at 3:30pm or 6:30pm on any given Saturday or Sunday and OMG, there is the I-League"</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">There are a lot of people who cannot watch the matches for genuine reasons. Keeping them aside, I agree that many of the glory hunters on Facebook showing themselves to be great </font><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 14px;">sympathizer</span></font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> and crusader of Indian football are just for..well ..glory hunting. But that is for another day.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Another genuine reason is that the schedule of the telecast is not really there for people to know clearly. There were a lot of matches live this season but looked like ad-hoc telecast.</font></div>