Should Indian Football adopt relegation?

Comments

• SHALL I RESTART THIS THREAD!
  • Knew that. I still have it in a document, shall copy paste on here.

Btw, that was not in anger (my last post) that was enthusiasm. :)
  • Okay so the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football Association are willing to change the system so that only teams with money will really be in the top 2 tiers which will do pro/rel but D3 and below dont really matter. When the SPL and SFA want to expand the league it shall be done by bidding.<div><br></div><div>Honestly I love this system. </div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Okay so the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football Association are willing to change the system so that only teams with money will really be in the top 2 tiers which will do pro/rel but D3 and below dont really matter. When the SPL and SFA want to expand the league it shall be done by bidding.<div><br></div><div>Honestly I love this system. </div>
    <div><br></div><div>Incidentally, our i-league structure too looks similar in present time.....where you need to bid before AIFF to get an entry to the league just that that the bidding in SPL is money but here the clubs need to fulfil some mediocre criteria and then they are into the structure<br></div><div><br></div><div>but yea this structure will be good for india only when we got some excellent say 30-40 sustainable clubs spread around the country but sadly in present scenario it is getting hard to find even 5 clubs who will survive the league excluding teams from Kol-Mah-Goa-Shillong which makes it pretty weak idea for any team to enter </div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    Okay so the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football Association are willing to change the system so that only teams with money will really be in the top 2 tiers which will do pro/rel but D3 and below dont really matter. When the SPL and SFA want to expand the league it shall be done by bidding.<div><br></div><div>Honestly I love this system. </div>
    <div><br></div><div>Incidentally, our i-league structure too looks similar in present time.....where you need to bid before AIFF to get an entry to the league just that that the bidding in SPL is money but here the clubs need to fulfil some mediocre criteria and then they are into the structure<br></div><div><br></div><div>but yea this structure will be good for india only when we got some excellent say 30-40 sustainable clubs spread around the country but sadly in present scenario it is getting hard to find even 5 clubs who will survive the league excluding teams from Kol-Mah-Goa-Shillong which makes it pretty weak idea for any team to enter </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well here you dont even need to pass criteria. I bet the AIFF takes the first 23 teams and goes with it, regardless of criteria. </div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Well here you dont even need to pass criteria. I bet the AIFF takes the first 23 teams and goes with it, regardless of criteria. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>no man i heard 1-2 delhi teams didnt got the criteria filled so failed to get the entry to i-league 2</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>no man i heard 1-2 delhi teams didnt got the criteria filled so failed to get the entry to i-league 2</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Again would not be surprised if Delhi United were the 24th team to apply and AIFF said no. I mean what do you need to pass the criteria. Must be easy. Even my school team can pass it.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So, we need a brand new league but the pro/rel has to be there. Realistically it will never go away from Football in India. So what about this. We start off fresh like the J.League did. The AIFF open 10 spots for 10 teams in the 2013-14 I-League. All 14 current I-League teams would bid for a spot in the league plus other teams hoping to get in. Of course though there are regulations.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Only 3 teams per state. Only 2 teams per city. Each team must have a stadium with a 5,000 capacity or more. NO COMPANY, UNIVERSITY OR RELIGION CLUBS ALLOWED, unless the company agrees to pay a settlement with the AIFF and become one of the sponsors of the league. Must have plans for media, fan support and a youth academy (U20 to U14 at least).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">After the 10 clubs for the I-League are chosen then the bidding for the I-League 2nd Division will begin. 10 clubs will play in the I-League 2nd Division as well. Same rules BUT if your state is already represented by at least 1 club in I-League than you can only have 1 club in that state for the 2nd Division (Example: Say there is 1 Goa club in I-League, so than there can only be 1 Goa club in the 2nd Division) If your city is represented or played in I-League than you are not allowed in the 2nd Division at all. </font></div>
  • After that the first season shall begin. 10 clubs in I-League. 10 in I-League 2nd Division. Only 2 clubs are relegated each season from the I-League and only 1 club is automatically promoted from the I-League 2nd Division. The other promotion spot is decided through a quick match between the 2nd place team and 3rd place team. <div><br></div><div>There is no relegation FROM the I-League 2nd Division! So if you finish last in the I-League 2nd Division you are still allowed to play in the 2nd Division next season as long as the club is financially stable still.</div><div><br></div><div>After 3-5 seasons you can expand the league. So no teams get automatically relegated from the I-League and 2 are automatically promoted from the 2nd Division. But the team that finished last in I-League must play a match against the 3rd place team in the I-League 2nd Division. Thus giving I-League 12 teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Now after that the I-League 2nd Division would be left with 8 clubs. If the AIFF see necessary they can replace the 2 clubs that went to I-League with 2 clubs from the state leagues. Again the same rules apply. If your state is represented in I-League and I-League 2nd Division than you can not join. If your city is only represented in I-League than you can not join. </div><div><br>So if all goes to plan than you would have 12 clubs in I-League and 10 clubs in I-League 2nd Division with promotion/relegation every year and the occasional expansion of the league. </div>