Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    I go to St. Thomas college. I have seen Nawaz Ahmed from up close; rather I play against him. A well built body and a good eye for assists; can push through the defence with ease (Yaya type). But I don't think he will ever play professionally.
    archakreddevil87
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited July 2015
    La Martiniere for Boys won 1-0 against St. Thomas's Boys School today in the Finals of Keventer Cup 2015. The goal was scored by Yashkor Lama of La Martiniere for Boys, who was also awarded the Man of the Match today.

The Best Goalkeeper Award was given to Brandon Murray (La Martiniere for Boys)
    Highest Scorer Award was given to Duane Andrews (La Martiniere for Boys)
    Most Valuable Player Award was given to Arindam Das (St. James' School)
    Fair Play Trophy was awarded to DPS New Town
    Further 37 probables have been chosen from this year's tournament for the Keventer Cup All-Star team of 18 boys. A Clinic for the All Star probables will be conducted by Ranadeep Moitra, Anit Ghosh and Nabarun Chattoraj in St. James' School grounds. The camp will start on Thursday, July 30 and end on August 14 when the final squad of 18 players to be selected.

A series of exhibition games, including trial matches with youth teams of I-League Clubs will be held between August 16 to 30.

2015 KEVENTER CUP - ALL-STARS Probables

Goalkeepers:
    Siddharth Sharma (SJM), Dwaipayan Roy Chowdhury (Patha Bhawan), Ajit Roy (Albany Hall), Brandon Murray (LMB), Brendon Symes (FAPS)

Defenders:
    Romario Topno (SXC), Aniqueel Abedin (James), Subhrodeep Roy (James), Anarghya Das (DPS N), Abhishek Mahato (STBS), Amritendu Rana (DPS MC), Siddhartha Joardar (DPS MC), Aditya Raut (DPS MC), Rahul Badoni (Heritage), Sandeep Gupta (Future Hope), Subhodeep Chanda (APS)

Midfielders:
    Jervez Fernandez (SXC), Jeremiah Joseph (SXC), Milan Gurung (APS), Ankur Roy (DBPC), Micah Peters (James), Pritam Mondal (SJM), Romit Mukherjee (CIS), Duane Andrews (LMB), Nathan Simone (LMB), Leander Ling (FAPS), Syed Yasa (STBS), Nawaz Ahmed (STBS), Aquib Hossain (National High), Nilayan Sikdar (Bhavans)

Forwards:
    Kevin Lee (SXC), Souvik Sengupta (Scottish Church), Arindam Das (James), Abdul Aziz (Albany Hall), Andrew Demonti (STBS), Nabinoor Rahman (AGC), Kushal Thakkar (Bridge)
    Deb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29708 Points
    Unknown fact : Souvik Sengupta is younger brother of IFN Members @Archak Sengupta. Proud to be a IFN Member.
    archakDeb_Banreddevil87munna219777
    @goalkeepar just curious to know wherever you see the surname Sengupta, why do you happen to think he or she is a relative of mine?

PS You will be the first to know if any relative of mine is of some promise.
    I read in a book call Senguptas of India by Agnivo Biswas that Sengupta clan/surname originated from Gupta empire. King Chandra Gupta the III'rd Son Prince Moon Gupta marred King Sanjoy Sen daughter Princes Sanjita Sen for the Sen Kingdom. they got a son and there was a big dispute on which surname the Baby will be given as sanjoy sen rejected fathers surname. both kingdoms was about to go to war suddenly they are stopped by Sultan Mohammed Hassan of Channia. he comes with a massage from lord Robin that baby should be Surnamed Sengupta in combining the both surnames. if u read history of India by Rakish Messi it says all Senguptas are dissidents of that baby from this I come to a conclusion that all Senguptas are related.
    Deb_Banfootydipreddevil87archakBabertoBoxmunna219777EastBengalPridesouravindiaashindiaand 2 others.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    edited July 2015
    @goalkeeper, this is most imaginative. You will put Amish out of circulation if you concentrate in this side of your talent! ;) ;) ;)
    goalkeeparreddevil87archakBabertomunna219777ashindiamohammed_87hassanatuljg
    Hahaha. this is nothing you should read @Mohammed_87Hassans Movie scripts. we also jointly wrote a movie series which may be made into reality in future.
    dhungel35
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Robinson singh who was part of u19 i league winning squad of aiff academy on trial with mohun bagan.....how many players have been released from the academy since lee johnson came in??
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Robinson Singh is the only one released by the Academy after the U-19 league , and that is because he is overage for the remaining AFC competitions.

Was supposed to look for a good club , but as most of them have full squads or waiting till December , he is exploring the Kean Lewis option at Mohun Bagan....ie impress get a contract , and if you don;t do well in CFL , get discarded before the I-League