Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    As far as i know no club in  india hv a residential academy except pune fc nd Mohun Bagan!!! 
    deepakcgoalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    East Bengal club secretary inspite of his big talks  , has nt been able to form a residential academy or build own training ground , the maidan ground on which we practice is actually lien from ARMY!!!!! But things looking up now , we ar trying , East bengal hav brought former Pune fc academy manager Ranjan chaudhury to form a EB academy at salt lake lets see!!!
    deepakc
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Soham hood is the coach of u-19 team not u-17 O:-)
    Nagendra
  • jithuvjithuv 340 Points
     As gaffer and others have mentioned before having a residential academy doesn't always mean that particular club is better in youth development compared to others.

Also, BFC's academy is only a year or so old; can't expect instant results. Plus if clubs start shutting down due to bad results in youth football then there wouldn't be many left in this country.

@deepakc your passion for Indian football is really commendable but just don't make statements without thinking through. BFC are one of the few clubs who are putting in a decent effort in the youth/grassroots level; @gaffertape can elaborate on this  front.
    karenesudhakar2050namewtheldDeb_BanNagendraThe real AG
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited October 2015
    I'm not even sure whether this warrants a response...

We all know what Ranjan Choudhary does... takes players changes Date of Birth and claims success...
    Did it for years at TFA , then Pune FC...has he ever built anything that lasts or succeeds ??

Failed his A License for cheating !

All the best to him at East Bengal...sure he will win the U-18 League with some 23 year old NorthEastern players and promise them some trails (sic) in Germany

I think BFC have also become victims of their own success
    There Facebook page is boasting of some youth tournament...but from sources close to the scene , this is no more than an extended Grassroots promo

We criticise ISL clubs for doing 10 x 1 day camps and calling it Grassroots coaching...
    BFC are doing a 1 x 10 day tournament and giving free kit and loads of Photo ops for sponsors...

Neither are classed as youth development in my mind , nor in the minds of coaches who know about this sort of thing.

Looks like BFC are auditioning for an ISL spot
    atuljgdeepakcmunna219777goalkeeparspartagopiajeeshNagendraThe real AGashindiarudra
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    @gaffertape the ongoing youth tournament from BFC is just a promotion. It is nowhere near to youth football development. But apart from that, the U-17 team by BFC (playing in Subroto cup) is also a shably collected team of players. These players have been practicing for sometime now, but to term them as youth development is really an overstatement. I am yet to be convinced by youth development program by BFC. 

I am also not sure if BFC is actively pursuing in youth development direction as their main focus is still setting BFC into more renounced football club in India. Looking at the domestic structure, it is also not financially wise to invest in youth development.
    deepakc
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Youth Development should start from schools. We are faltering at that first basic primary step. No point in blaming clubs. State Associations should organise tournaments for schools first. Our educational system do not encourage Sports at all. Even though schools have grounds, they do not utilise it to organise Sports in a professional manner.
    Deb_BanNagendrakartik91souravindia
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Anytime anyone mentions the circus..either the same 3 people gbs a thumbs up or the same 2 people gv a thumbs down
    Nagendrakartik91ashindiashankarrudra
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    @munna219777, I cannot agree more!

If sports is incorporated in our educational system, then that will foster a sports culture, give a fillip to the ability of organize sports events and generally uplift the health of the masses, apart from creating jobs in sports sector. Also, this will give us a large pool of players, whatever low-skilled they may be.

Hope this is implemented sometime in the near future ...
    munna219777jithuvatuljgdeepakckartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    @ deepakc ... Is the below one is joke ??? If u mean it, u don't have sense and I don't want to comment more..
    "BFC should feel insulted and quit domestic football"

@ Soham_De.. how long u r following I-league.. BFC is just 2 years old.. and they are not scouting players from all over India... they just started.. most current crop of players in and around Bangalore.. they are trying to scout players from other parts of Karnataka..

First thing for any academy is , try to develop local players.. instead of luring best players from different places and gaining immediate success... this is what BFC doing... may be after couple of years, they can pick couple of best players from other states...