Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    I believe TFA , though not as great as it was a decade ago, is the flagship /Premier sports academy for youth development....
    Now , the southern region's grassroots programs look promising....But stuff like UDream football- where the selected guys get to train in hoffenheim is just a scam.. I got selected through the trials and then they said it would cost 1.2 cr for the 7 years....    Complete b.s. 
    All these entities come to try and make money out of grassroots...
    A perfect example is the reliance Young champs...I have seen them play and they aren't that great. But yet they are being sent around the world ,made to pay some big bucks in the name of exposure!!! 
    namewtheldmunna219777reddevil87souravindiakartik91deepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    When did you play the Reliance "Young Champs"?
  • BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    I have watched a few months ago in Delhi during a tourney... Again like I said , they were sore to the eyes... I actually went to see if I could get in , as no ISL grassroots in Blr, but I didn't even ask them after seeing their games....
    Too much Attention about nothing.... Come and see the Ozone and BFC youth teams....You'll be shocked at the level.. These are the kids who need to be nurtured... We don't get good opportunity without paying big bucks!
    Haha, same in the US. Every top academy, other than the MLS ones, have you pay to play... almost $1000-$5000 a year. MLS ones are free but that is like 20 in the whole country.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Gimmick or actual training at Hoffenheim training in Germany? What's the catch?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    It's under the Udream scheme
    He will return to India in around a year due to "home sickness"
    Nagendraarunskumar
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited July 2016
    Just curious, why haven't we heard of any players standing out? Or getting selected for national team age groups? Its started last year if I am not wrong. Only articles are on players being send there or getting selected for the scheme but apart from that no news. No score, no match updates in Germany.
    I mean, this is just a common thing in Indian football. Look at the Reliance Young Chumps thing. These kids are supposedly U14/U13? They were hand picked from these ISL festivals and stuff and given special training in Mumbai... where were they during the AFC U14 Festival?

They could have played some international youth teams but instead they play school teams and publish how they destroy them.