U18 I-League semis on 6th Feb

FC Goa vs Minerva at 9AM
    Pune City vs Aizawl at 3PM

Venue : Nagao Ground, Goa
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    FT : FC Goa 0–1 Minerva
    Makan Chothe is the scorer

Match was was live on I-League facebook page i think even 2nd semi will be live 
    [Deleted User]
  • FT : FC Pune City 2-0 Aizwal
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Today finals of U18 I-League at 3:30 PM 
    Minerva vs Pune City 
    [Deleted User]munna219777
  • its HT Minerva 0-0 FC Pune City

FCPC dominating in direct play while Minerva focusing on set pieces
    Had it not been Minerva GK , FCPC would be 2-0 up
  • its FT, Minerva FC is Champions of U18 Youth league 

MPFC 2-0 FC Pune City
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29630 Points
    Having won the Hero Elite League 2018-19, Minerva Punjab FC are the current holders of all the National championships comprising of Hero I-League, Hero Sub-junior League (U13 age group), Hero Junior League (U15 age group) and Hero Elite League (U18 age group).

https://khelnow.com/news/article/elite-league-2018-19-minerva-punjab-pune-city-report
    https://www.avenuemail.in/jamshedpur/grassroots-football-tournament-begins-at-sonari-today/129052/

Grassroots Football tournament begins at Sonari today

Tata Steel CSR Department is all set to organise the Grassroots Football Tournament on February 12-13, 2019 at TCC Ground, Sonari. The tournament is one of the key ways of mainstreaming and empowering rural boys and girls through sports in the region.

The tournament is an annual event organised for around 850 kids trained and coached under Tata Steel CSR, across units in Odisha and Jharkhand and also by Tata Metaliks and Tata Bearings Kharagpur. This programme has been the nurturing ground for talented kids of the region. Apart from this, the kids are put through a disciplined routine and a healthy life-style through their involvement in the sport.

This year the tournament would be organised in two parts. As regards the first part, the tournament for around 425 kids from Odisha Units was organised at Joda on February 5- 6, 2019. And for the second part, the tournament is being organised for kids from Jharkhand and West Bengal at Jamshedpur on February 12-13.

Many of the young cadets who took part in the Grassroots Football tournaments in the past, have been selected by Sports Authority of India (SAI) academies, Army (Danapur) academy, FC Minerva, TFA etc. Presently 13 kids have been selected to be part of JFC I league (only medical test is pending). There are five kids selected by different academies from centers in Odisha.

Great place, Sonari, Jamshedpur...brings back so many memories of my childhood spent there at my grandpa's house!

The Tatas have always been known for their promotion of sports, especially at the youth level...the number of footballers the TFA has produced are legion.

YOUNGSTERS STEP UP AS INDIAN FOOTBALL GETS YOUNGER

16-year old Rohit Danu, the Indian Arrows striker will bring out the mother in all. From a distancehe looks a kid, when he comes near he looks more of a kid, and when he talks you figure out that he is actually a kid. 

“No I am not a kid,” Danu shakes his head. Boris Singh, standing next, puts his hand on his shoulder. Danu smiles again. “No I am not a kid.” 

The average age of the probables in the ongoing India U-23 National Team Camp in Goa is 19 years and 4 months, with Danu being the youngest. Indian Football has grown young. 

“I understand this is a U-23 Camp for the Indian National Team. Some of the seniors have already played for India, even in the Asian Cup. This is the best moment of my life,” Danu narrates. “But I am not a kid,” he reiterates. “I watch the Seniors on TV play for India regularly. I need to pinch myself that I am here.” 

Head Coach Derrick Pereira, a former India International leans back on his chair, and smiles. “We have to look at younger players. We need to look at the future. This camp will help them believe they can make it to the top level,” he mentions in reference to the players from Indian Arrows in the Camp. 

There are 9 boys from the Indian Arrows who have been summoned to the Camp. 8 of the probables have played in the FIFA U-17 World Cup, all of them have been part of the AIFF Youth Development set-up. 

You glance through the list and discover that there are 19 boys in the camp who have been products of the AIFF YDP some time or the other. 

“We always kept a tab on the Indian Arrows. They have made a mark, scored goals, won hearts. They deserve the call up,” Pereira adds. 

At a distance, you spot Danu and Amarjit Singh flipping through the pages of a magazine. 

“We have struggled a lot, and made a lot of sacrifices in our lives. At an age where all other kids are pampered, we have stayed away from our parents,” Amarjit, who captained India in the FIDA U-17 World Cup India 2017 murmurs. “The journey in Arrows has made us stronger. We have stood by each other all throughout,” he stresses. 

Assistant Coach Shanmugam Venkatesh, a former Indian National Team Captain glances at the road outside. “There was a football jam the day we returned winning the Federation Cup for Salgaocar FC,” his eyes lit up. “As we were paraded, all I could see was hoardes of heads. Goa had come to a standstill,” he recollects. 

“But Indian Football has moved a long way forward. The emphasis on youth is one of the most positive traits. The modern day game demands energy, fitness, strength.” 

Amarjit maintains “playing in the U-17 World Cup was a dream for all of us.” 

“But we cannot rest on that laurel. The target is now to move to the senior National side. It doesn’t matter to me whether I get selected into the final 23 or not. Getting a call up is a big thing for me,” he states. “Training with senior team players will make me stronger as a player. I get to work with the senior team staff.” Danu nods. 

At the training session, Danu does a dummy to catch his marker unaware. As his marker recovers and chases, you couldn’t miss that unmistakable stance, soaked both in amazement and appreciation for the ‘kid.’ 

Indian Football is getting younger.

EastBengalPride