Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    Japan runner-up in 1999 U 19 championship 
    munna219777
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    i hope no one will say how we dominated the whole match but just couldn't score. Even against Krgyz Republic we could hardly hold the ball. Though India were 1 man down but when they had the ball the players looked clueless and easily lost possession by either miss passing or just giving away from slightest of tackle. Some players looked technically so awful that its hard to imagine how they got into the team.

I think both coaching staff and poor scouting process are to blame for the pathetic performance. More than the Senior team, its the sub junior and junior teams which need experienced foreign coaches. 
    Deb_Bansouravindiagoalkeeparmunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9967 Points
    " More than the Senior team, its the sub junior and junior teams which need experienced foreign coaches" -- so very true.
    trojanmunna219777karenesudhakar2050
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Lost 1-0 to Tajikistan and finish bottom of the tournament  :D
    goalkeepargiridharanCarbon_14munna219777
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    So from next year they will stop inviting us now for this tournament....they wouldn't want a bottom featuring team..
  • samsam 16436 Points
    Someday will come last even if it's not us. What logic is that !!
  • munna219777munna219777 28509 Points
    This is not any new development. We were always a bottom featuring team at any Age Group tournament - U-15, U-17, U-19.

Lack of Academies, Lack of Junior teams associated with clubs, less domestic tournaments, improper scouting, lack of competition of places at junior level .

Sometimes I feel that at Junior level, we are going backwards. Tata Football Academy team players used to have better game sense and technical ability then some pf present Indian U-19 or U-17 players.

We need to set our priorities right.  While a semi-retired 38-39 year old Foreign player gets a Foreign coach at ISL,  our U-15 or U-17 players get Panda.
    Foreign coaches are required at Junior level asap.

ashindiathebeautifulgamesouravindiaBrainFallINDIAgoalkeepar
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Let's hope that TFA regains with glory with the new coaching setup. They have people from ATM for their coaching setup nowadays. It might get 5-6 years to get something out of it.
    munna219777ashindiathebeautifulgamekartik91souravindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    munna219777

not sure if u have watched our games or not.

we are not bad in defense and midfield...  at U 19/ U20 level , defensive errors are common and they will improve..

Our forward line is weak link.. they couldn't able to convert even simple chances... 
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    What happened to I-League youngest scorer ?? He absolutely looked shit. His conversation rate is like 1/10. Same story with every talented striker who transitioned from U-16 to U-19
    munna219777