Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Lionel Messi Singh.

<br><br>That is Sushil Singh's name and he's not from PIFA.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I was looking at Uttam's fb update and many have commented thet please come back in India, play in an Indian club!!! WTF...here we are looking at one of our rare talents who can actually make it to a US club, and these guys are requesting him to play for Indian club!!!! I wonder where do they want to see him??? MB!!!<div><br></div><div>One of them is actually 'HeadHunter' the legendery guy who makes a fake profile here to complain about north east players discriminated by India!!! Then why does he want him to come and play in India????</div><div><br></div><div>I know these comments wont change what Uttam ends up doing, but its funny esp. after everyone is looking for an Indian player to play stably in a decent league abroad</div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Oh headhunter, gotta love the guy.<div><br></div><div>As for Uttam, coming back to play in India would just stunt his growth. Like you said he has a chance to maybe even make it in MLS one day or (as most Indians would like) Europe.</div><div><br></div><div>I mean, this kid might have a chance to make it into one of the better Academies here. The only time I would want him to leave is if he had a chance to go to an Academy in the Netherlands (top Academy) as those are much better and a lot better technically. Other than that he is fine where he is.</div>
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    so what exactly is the latest update on Uttam ?..he is still with that US Academy?<br>Last I heard he was training with some MLS side<br>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    yes he is still with colorado rush... @ronny<;br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    latest from uttam -<div>"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; font-size: 10pt;">It was awesome spending time with my family and friends...will be joining National camp on 29th.....!"</span></div>
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    at the moment a lot of good things are knocking at uttam's door...we are in the process of selecting the best for him....i have been told not to divulge out anything at this moment as the situation is complicated because of his agent "libero sports"....all i can say is he will join the national camp but will not feature in weifang cup as dates are clashing...but will feature for india in afc qualifiers... 
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    forgot to mention that he is not going back to Colorado Rush again...he was not happy with the kind of training out there but...if for some MLS reserve team/MLS academy then he might go back.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    You mean India U19 in U19 AFCQ? Also if he leavs colorado, what option he has? Wud he rather be in the AIFF academies?