United SC News

Comments

• Suraj20Suraj20 129 Points
    I saw a CFL match of PU vs MB on News Time which was at Siliguri and they got a decent crowd support.. The stands behind the goal post was completely packed and also fair no. of people along the length of the pitch..
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Suraj20 wrote: »
    I saw a CFL match of PU vs MB on News Time which was at Siliguri and they got a decent crowd support.. The stands behind the goal post was completely packed and also fair no. of people along the length of the pitch..

<br><div><br></div><div>Ironically the crowd were mostly East Bengal supporters (in a PU vs MB match!!)..last day of CFL, wanted to see MB lose, and they did :)</div>
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    yeah Shiliguri is a big fan base of EB but they might be able to build a decent fan base for themselves with time.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    The fan base is not only in Calcutta it is all over the world among the Bengalis!!! Every Bengali is either MB or EB by birth. And, it is no surprise EB has a bigger fan base in Siliguri. PU has to connect to locals to have that change over heart!! This is cant be done unless PU interact socially or they have an academy or something in Siliguri. Until, then its we have to be satisfied by empty stands expect EB or MB matches.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think they can do it, as the Siliguri guys, although MB, EB fans, dont really get the comfort of having a local team...Also many bengalis now are saying Prayag is there 2nd fav team and they support them in all matches except for the match against their team....</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Given Prayag management are progressive in the mindset they can do it i believe...already they have changed lot of things which everyone doubted when the initially came (remember ppl only thought that the big 3 will get sponsor in Kolkata, but United SC got Chirag and then when they left quickly got Prayag whereas many other clubs are unable to get good sponsors)... So, United SC really showing the way</font></div>
  • rudra wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think they can do it, as the Siliguri guys, although MB, EB fans, dont really get the comfort of having a local team...Also many bengalis now are saying Prayag is there 2nd fav team and they support them in all matches except for the match against their team....</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Given Prayag management are progressive in the mindset they can do it i believe...already they have changed lot of things which everyone doubted when the initially came (remember ppl only thought that the big 3 will get sponsor in Kolkata, but United SC got Chirag and then when they left quickly got Prayag whereas many other clubs are unable to get good sponsors)... So, United SC really showing the way</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>True. Its like in America where the fans will support there MLS and Euro team accept here it is MB or EB and Prayag. (I dont count Euro here to because, unlike in the US in India the matches are on after I-League matches).</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    At the end, if Prayag brings some sucess (read: Trophies, even if some shitty one's to start with) in Siliguri. The locals will be elated as at last they have something from their own town...the new generation wont have much difficulty in identifying themselves with Prayag.<div><br></div><div>One reason why Prayag needs to use their bench and few experienced players to play few unimportant trophies also. And if they win then celebrate in style in Siliguri, nothing works better than pride.</div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited June 2012
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1,"tn":"K"}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><a href=" target="_blank" rel="nofollow nofollow"><span>http://www.youtube.com/</span><wbr><span class="word_break"></span>watch?v=e8_e74n-4J8</a></span></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1,"tn":"K"}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">30 year old World Cupper from COSTA RICA  Carlos Hernandez is on his way to INDIA,Kolkata..<br> He is expected to arrive today(Tuesday) morning at Kolkata Airport...<br> He is going to sign for I league club PRAYAG UNITED within the next 48 hours...<br>
    Hernandez has already played 32 International matches for COSTA RICA
    scoring 7 goals out of which last one was against FRANCE National Football
    team in 2010 in a friendly...<br> Congratulations PRAYAG UNITED!!!</span></h6>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited June 2012
    <div style="text-align: left;">
    </div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Superb signing by Prayag United. The new season is showing some great promises with respect to quality of players. The quality of I-league is increasing, surely.<br>