2nd Division I-League 2014

Comments

• Await the possible fixing scenario here. Bhowanipore is confirmed into the final round as it has 7 points from 3 games and most importantly head-to-head win over Eagles FC. Their final match is on the 15th with Hindustan FC and this can decide whoever is joining them in the final round.
    Eagles FC have 1 point from 2 games. They play Hindustan on 13th followed by Kenkre on 15th, which can result in a maximum of 7 points for them. Their spot in the final round is totally out of their hands.
    Thus for Hindustan, even if they lose to Eagles on 13th, all they need is a sweet arrangement with Bhowanipore on final match day so that they are through. Bhowanipore should only be too happy to oblige given that the Almighty Eagles fate is now out of their hands. After all, why take the risk of playing Eagles twice in the final round when you can choose your opponent right now. They would surely prefer Hindustan over Eagles :).
    And ofcourse they did it last year in Indore :). So bye bye Eagles
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It looks like Royal Wahingdoh and Bhowanipore FC will qualify at the end. 1 team from Shillong and 1 Team from Calcutta will join the I-league as two teams relegated this season will also be from same cities Mohammedan Sporting and Rangdajied. Then United SC will close down and Eagles FC will take corporate slot.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    It looks like Royal Wahingdoh and Bhowanipore FC will qualify at the end. 1 team from Shillong and 1 Team from Calcutta will join the I-league as two teams relegated this season will also be from same cities Mohammedan Sporting and Rangdajied. Then United SC will close down and Eagles FC will take corporate slot.
    NONSENSE
    only 1 team gets relegated from I-league this year as per the rules !
    & only 1 promotion spot is available !!

So it's either Mumbai FC/Mohd or Rangdajied that will be relegated...given how Churchill have strengthened strategically (finally). Dempo could also get dragged into this., even though they have the best squad of the bottom 5

As for direct entry spots....a lot is still up in the air...depends on ISL in September.

Also more than 1 team from I league can be removed on basis of noncompliance of criteria...this could pave the way for IMG-R teams in I league
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    @gaffertape is ISL still gonna happen ??
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    Its depends on the situation like availability of players,sponsors,etc that's y star sports is showing ISL add in whats on 2014 add
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Mrs Nita Ambani wants to start a team in Mumbai...perhaps "Mumbai Indians" , playing out of Cooperage...

also given how much they spent.,.. they will try to recoup something.. they won't just walk away.... they have contracts with players...but as they realise...if you make a team of all those IMG-R players..all you get is a mixture of Mohd. Sporting/Rangdajied... not exactly what Sporting Club de Goa or Bengaluru FC or Pune FC have done to get into the top 3

ISL is scheduled for September , and I-League for Novemeber...what actually happens is anyones guess
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Mrs Nita Ambani wants to start a team in Mumbai...perhaps "Mumbai Indians" , playing out of Cooperage...

also given how much they spent.,.. they will try to recoup something.. they won't just walk away.... they have contracts with players...but as they realise...if you make a team of all those IMG-R players..all you get is a mixture of Mohd. Sporting/Rangdajied... not exactly what Sporting Club de Goa or Bengaluru FC or Pune FC have done to get into the top 3

ISL is scheduled for September , and I-League for Novemeber...what actually happens is anyones guess
    Oks Hope they dont start it and gets 2-3 direct entry !
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited February 2014
    If 1 team gets relegated and 1 team is promoted, then total number of teams will remain at 13. Then assuming that United SC gets closed, then total number of teams will be 12. Common sense says that 2 should relegate, 2 promoted and give 1 corporate slot in place of united SC. But then it doesnt seem to be this way.
    Which player is mentally retarded enough to again sign up for IMG-R for next season and assume that Ms Ambani will start a team for corporate slot. I am yet to see those mythical pitch experts who were supposed to renovate the playing pitch of JLN nehru stadium-Delhi, Salt Lake Stadium, Fatorda Stadium and D Y Patil Stadium Navi Mumbai.