Indian Super League 2018-19

Comments

• AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Along with Sai and Shree Ganesha  ;)
    munna219777deepu
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    The challenge for ISL is not to compete with others, but to establish a niche for itself, sustain, and grow organically. We have already seen the attendances drop and settle (due to initial enthusiasm fading away, reduction in capacity of a number of stadiums, and poor performance by some teams). If ISL fails, it will be a big blow to Indian Football. So, critics and supporters alike should be optimistic about it's future. 
    EastBengalPridesudheermylankalDeb_BanAshishKaulmohammed_87hassangoalkeeparatuljgdeepuMikiNagendraand 1 other.
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    edited October 2018
    @goalkeepar Just because it isn't in the Top 5 doesn't mean viewership is low or ISL is a failure. Only 3 ISL games were counted in the week from 13th to 19th and it's tough to compete with the population of UP, Bihar and Rajasthan. Most ISL games still get over a million viewers as always
    atuljgMikiNagendragoalkeepar
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    guys ,,, why so much hate on ISL...

even I would like to see proper league structure.. 1st div, 2nd and so on.,..  whatever they call ... merger or conference..  I league clubs should be given preference...

as FIFA and AFC are allowing us to run both the leagues...we should be ok.. once they pressurize AIFF.. we will be seeing something sorted out..

I know lot of people follow and support foreign leagues/clubs... after all ISL is Indian league and lot of Indian players are getting benefited as the leagues are running in parallel... Hope there is room to support both I league & ISL.. 

I know couple of folks who are supporting ISL are no more active in IFN...  plz have healthy discussion...

cheers..
    AshishKauldeepak dedhaatuljg
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Attendance really doesnt matter as long as people follow the sport through whatever medium. Public interest is what makes a sport sustainable. Saudi leagues, hardly people turn up at stadiums but they are thriving and the quality of football is way higher. 
    AshishKaulatuljg

5 World Class Sports Leagues in India

https://www.kreedon.com/sports-leagues-india/
    • IPL – Cricket League.
    • ISL – Football League.
    • PKL – Kabaddi League.
    • HIL – Hockey League.
    • PBL – Badminton League.
    goalkeepardebarghya89dev_pfcmunna219777atuljg
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    I agree about kabaddi,cricket, hokey, badminton leagues being world class as we have one of best teams in this sports but ISL is not even close to Asia class forget world. Best isl team can't beat 11 random Turkmen so we can't say its world class it can be called south Asia class :D
    MikiAshishKaulNagendraDeb_Banthebeautifulgamedeepak dedhaspartaDEFENCE123atuljgcoolgaganand 2 others.
    edited October 2018
    11 random Turkmen.. ??? a big lol... 

Along with BFC, Altyn Asyr defeated teams like Istiklol, April 25... 1 or 2 bad games of BFC doesn't define teams strength/weakness .. 

Also almost all Altyn Asyr players represents Turkmenistan NT.... Turkmenistan defeated India in our own den..

Deb_BanthebeautifulgameMikideepak dedhaspartagoalkeeparatuljg
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Promotion would be a good idea at this stage of the league. There at good candidates like Neroca,Gokulam and Minerva. QEB and MB are going in next year anyway.
    AshishKauldeepuatuljg
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    It's a shame that teams with good attendance can't be part of isl due to stupid rules . On the other hard we have to go through the agony of watching Delhi , Pune and Mumbai play in poor atmosphere .
    ashindiadeepugoalkeeparatuljgDeb_Bansouravindia