Mumbai FC - General Discussion

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited August 2012 in Mumbai FC
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I am just wondering. Is there no way for Mumbai FC to play a few matches at another much smaller stadium till the Cooperage is done. I am just wondering because I discovered that an MLS team called FC Dallas played here for one season before there new stadium opened...</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/texas/southlake_dragon1.jpg</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I mean that was 1st tier soccer right there. So can Mumbai find anything in Mumbai or even Navi Mumbai as a temporary stadium. </font></div>

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    The only stadium that could come close to accredition is the fr.agnel ground which got normal wooden stands and also being used for aiff-fifa academies but will aiff allow the teams to play there is a big question<div><br></div><div>no other football stadiums in mumbai even come closer to that</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    The only stadium that could come close to accredition is the fr.agnel ground which got normal wooden stands and also being used for aiff-fifa academies but will aiff allow the teams to play there is a big question<div><br></div><div>no other football stadiums in mumbai even come closer to that</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Why not DY Patil in Navi. It would only be a few home matches.</div>
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Why not DY Patil in Navi. It would only be a few home matches.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They ask for hefty match fees as they have to cover the pitch,<span style="font-size: 10pt; ">which could be spoiled</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; "> in football matches so not a possibility until the clubs are ready to shell out big sums</span></div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>They ask for hefty match fees as they have to cover the pitch,<span style="font-size: 10pt; ">which could be spoiled</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; "> in football matches so not a possibility until the clubs are ready to shell out big sums</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>My guess would be that it would need to be a joint venture between ONGC, Mumbai and Air India? Oh well. Angels it is. They should at least try for other options.</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Father Agnel ground has no wooden stands, and no dressing room facilities !<div><br></div><div>Look at pictures from AIFF seminar , it is a training ground and cannot be used for matches.</div><div><br></div><div>A lot of the FIFA turfs ( i know this isn't ) have been laid on practice grounds and not stadiums specifically for this reason</div>
  • Any word on Jayesh Rane? Is he injured?

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Any word on Jayesh Rane? Is he injured?

will update you about his statues asap..
  • > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Any word on Jayesh Rane? Is he injured?
    >
    >

Thanks. God worried. He was taken off via stretcher and never came back on. So he actually had an injury. Would be a shame for the lad.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > shankar said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Any word on Jayesh Rane? Is he injured?
    > >
    > >

>
    >

Thanks. God worried. He was taken off via stretcher and never came back on. So he actually had an injury. Would be a shame for the lad.

injury is nothing serious... he may be rested if coach feels he needs some time for rest
  • Thats good. Yep, he needs a rest. His first 10 games in I-League have been promising. Slow but good.