Arsenal : The 2012-13 Season

Comments

• Anyway, to clarify myself as I am now on an actual PC:<div><br></div><div>Right now you have given in to the gobbled up dog poop that is the media. Have you seen Jovetic play this season? I will admit that I have not watched every game of his this season but I have seen a bunch since being linked with him and from what I saw he is no improvement over what we have. His scoring rate is also no improvment. He also has a small history with injuries. Is that really worth around 10-15 million pounds?</div><div><br></div><div>Christen Benteke has an excellent scoring rate for a player in his first year, and it is no fluke, from seeing his performances he drives that below-par Aston Villa side. He was only brought in for around 7 million pounds and has only rised up recently in terms of popularity. I would say 20 million pounds would snap him up easy.</div><div><br>And Wenger does have a history of buying in the Premier League. He signed Mikel Arteta from Everton just last season. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain came from Southampton (while they were in the Championship). So we have a history of buying within English football. Hell, Joyptan should remember when Arsenal signed Gallas from them.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, all indications do not see us going for Benteke at this moment. It is to early obviously so you never know. Keep in mind we have signed many new commercial deals this past year. We should have money this summer to spend. I know its hard to trust Arsenal when it comes to spending but remember, Arsenal were the team breaking transfer records before the Emirates Stadium was built and this was while Wenger was here. So do not doubt us, we will spend when the chance occurs.</div>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3407 Points
    well seeing alex ferguson retire with paul scholes, I wanted same at arsenal with thierry henry, robert pires, fredrik ljunberg, sylvian wiltord ,patrick viera, edu,jens lehmann, ashley cole, sol campbell, jose antonio reyes,fabregas, rvp ended their career with us WITH or WITHOUT TROPHY..
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    @Arsenal<;span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kid</span><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">I have not seen Jovetic play and I have never admitted that he was better than any other player. All I said was that he is the target we will most li</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">kely acquire this season. And I agree that Bente</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">ke is a good stri</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">ker but that along with the fact that he is in the EPL is why we won't sign him. They will as</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">k a lot for him and Wenger won't spend over 15 million for him if that. Mi</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">kel arteta was signed in a last minute scramble before the shutting down of transfer window in august. Now you might say we still signed him but might I remind you that we were chasing him for two seasons and that summer we negotiated for 3 months to get him. Now that's not really an ideal transfer is it? Last season we had 50 million to spend and we bought many decent players rather than going for a star player to replace RVP. Instead of buying Giroud and Podols</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">ki, we could have bought one of the benched stri</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">kers li</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">ke Dze</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">ko who wanted out. But we got a top scorer from one season in ligue one. Honestly I li</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">ke giroud but when you try to replace a player of RVP's caliber, a one season top scorer in the french league is not the guy to do it.</span></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i dont understand why arsenal are not interested in david villa now??<div>he is still class and will give arsenal a real striker at very much affordable price ..</div><div>he along with santi cazorla, padolski, walcott with giroud, oxlade on bench will be one of quality attacking line up</div>
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    Age maybe? But I still would not mind if we pursue him.
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    What a game. Props to Cazorla and Podols<span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">ki!</span>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Terp13 I agree with most of what you said. Specially on Arteta, ya, it was just a last minute deal and who knows if it would have happened had Arsenal not lost 8-2 to Manchester United. <div><br></div><div>However the rest I still dont fully agree. With Benteke he will probably cost around 20 million. This is Aston Villa. A club who have a recent history of bad funding. 20 million is perfect for a guy like Benteke. The only problem I see is the fact that Dortmund want him as well reportedly but if Wenger wanted to show ambition he would go for Benteke over Jovetic. Now, dont get me wrong, I like Jovetic and I think he would complement Giroud perfectly plus his movement is so much better but his stats are not really eye-opening but still I would like him at Arsenal but I feel there are better options.</div><div><br></div><div>As for the signings from last season. Lets be honest here: Podolski and Cazorla were needs. We needed someone on the wing and we got it in Poldi and we needed a attacking midfielder and Cazorla was the man to be brought in. As for Giroud, it is his first season and he has 17 goals in 33 starts this season. That is not a bad return. What I think made him look bad was the fact we did not have another striker on the bench to come on when Giroud needed a rest or was not scoring.</div><div><br></div><div>Personally I did not buy the fact that we had a "50 million pound war-chest". The media kept changing the number. 70 million. 80 million. 50 million. It was all out there. And lets be honest, would Manchester City have sold Edin Dzeko to Arsenal. I believe that the only way that would have happened would be in a swap deal with Man City for van Persie and money. </div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Terp13 wrote: »
    What a game. Props to Cazorla and Podols</font><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">ki!</span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Those two were amazing today but lets not forget the wall that was Koscielny. He literally saved us on many occasions today.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now we march on to Newcastle. We need to win here! Anything less is unacceptable. This is a Newcastle that lost 6-0 at home to Liverpool and who had to fight mega hard for victory against last place QPR. This is an Arsenal that managed to beat Bayern Munich in March.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Arteta is already a doubt apparently. Also I am guessing Nacho could be back in the line-up as well as Giroud. Almost 100% full team.</font></div>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3407 Points
    what are ur thougths about robert lewandowski at arsenal?