Mumbai Tigers

namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
edited August 2013 in Mumbai Tigers
Dodsal FC is a newly launched Indian football club owned by Rajen Kalichand.<div style="font-weight: normal;">They have registered with MDFA in Mumbai.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;">Their coach and manager Bimal Ghosh has handpicked the team including India internationals. In their very first year, Dodsal is spending Rs 10 crores to get professional. They will be playing in the I-League division 2 most likely this season onward.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div><b><font color="#ff0000">P.S Dodsal FC was later renamed as Mumbai Tigers</font></b></div>

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    As promised, Dodsal FC have made their 1st major signing in Mohammed Omar, the former UAE National football team captain who won Gulf Cup of Nations in 2007 and AFC Champions League with Al Ain in 2003.<div><br></div><div>He last played for Al Wasl in 2011. </div><div><a href="http://www.sport360.com/article/indian-adventure-gives-gulf-cup-hero-mohammed-omar-fresh-ambition">http://www.sport360.com/article/indian-adventure-gives-gulf-cup-hero-mohammed-omar-fresh-ambition</a>;
    </div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Hell I care they are Dodsal or whatever, if they can do this, they will be popular. Just read the article and you will know that they are ambitious and plan to be in ACL as the 1st ever Indian team
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    come on Dodsal...we need more ambitious clubs like you <br> :)
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    really ambitious plans ... lets wait and watch<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    somesh wrote: »
    As promised, Dodsal FC have made their 1st major signing in Mohammed Omar, the former UAE National football team captain who won Gulf Cup of Nations in 2007 and AFC Champions League with Al Ain in 2003.<div><br></div><div>He last played for Al Wasl in 2011. </div><div><a href="http://www.sport360.com/article/indian-adventure-gives-gulf-cup-hero-mohammed-omar-fresh-ambition">http://www.sport360.com/article/indian-adventure-gives-gulf-cup-hero-mohammed-omar-fresh-ambition</a>;
    </div>

<br><br>i was quite impressed reading this article..everything pooints to the clubs being ultra serious,,but Aiming at winning d ACL is a bit to much for me..for that you would haveto haveteh facilities the clubs have in d UAE..I have seen them they are just great , superb gyms, swimming pool,football stadium and practise piches all owned by d club.. so far none of the indian clubs even come to this..<br><br>The ambition is there, the money is there, lets wait for them to get into the I-league, only then will we know hoe they stand against the established indian clubs..<br><br>signing of Mohammad omar is  great, he will be able to give his valuable insights....if a few more corporates come in like Dodsal come in then indian football can only go up..<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If only they changed there hideous name to Mumbai Dodsal United FC or maybe Mumbai City Dodsal FC like they do in South Korea then I would be cool with them. Till then... LETS GO DELHI UNITED AND AIZAWL FC FOR THE 2013 I-LEAGUE 2nd DIVISION!</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No I will not change my mind.</font></div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If only they changed there hideous name to Mumbai Dodsal United FC or maybe Mumbai City Dodsal FC like they do in South Korea then I would be cool with them. Till then... LETS GO DELHI UNITED AND AIZAWL FC FOR THE 2013 I-LEAGUE 2nd DIVISION!</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No I will not change my mind.</font></div>

<br><br>Would d name matter if Dodsal starts playing in AFC and winning..As long the gameplay is good and attractive d  name is secondary<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    silicon3 wrote: »
    If only they changed there hideous name to Mumbai Dodsal United FC or maybe Mumbai City Dodsal FC like they do in South Korea then I would be cool with them. Till then... LETS GO DELHI UNITED AND AIZAWL FC FOR THE 2013 I-LEAGUE 2nd DIVISION!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No I will not change my mind.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Would d name matter if Dodsal starts playing in AFC and winning..As long the gameplay is good and attractive d  name is secondary</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">No. I would still hate the club with a burning passion just like I did with Dempo and Salgaocar is there respective campaigns. The only non-city/state named teams I can tolerate are East Bengal and Mohun Bagan due to tradition. Prayag United I can somewhat tolerate.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Plus Dodsal can say they will win AFC but will they. They need good Indian players but they dont and probably wont. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Look at there squad. Who are the great players. Rafi is a past it. Henry Gangte only had 1 good 2nd Division season at Shillong and Pradeep has long lost it. Also the coaching staff is nothing to call at.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even there recent "big" signing is not that big. Heck if that Sporting Goa transfer is true that they got that Bong Bertrand guy than that is the bigger signing.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dodsal is only in it for the company and money.</font></div>
    <font style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; " face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    silicon3 wrote: »
    If only they changed there hideous name to Mumbai Dodsal United FC or maybe Mumbai City Dodsal FC like they do in South Korea then I would be cool with them. Till then... LETS GO DELHI UNITED AND AIZAWL FC FOR THE 2013 I-LEAGUE 2nd DIVISION!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No I will not change my mind.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Would d name matter if Dodsal starts playing in AFC and winning..As long the gameplay is good and attractive d  name is secondary</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">No. I would still hate the club with a burning passion just like I did with Dempo and Salgaocar is there respective campaigns. The only non-city/state named teams I can tolerate are East Bengal and Mohun Bagan due to tradition. Prayag United I can somewhat tolerate.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dodsal is only in it for the company and money.</font>

<br><br>In d current state of d I-league & the associated economics we can forget city based clubs..We know the reasons economics , publicity,  TV ratings etc etc all linked...<br><br>Do you hate a club just because of  the name? even if they play attractive football & despite playing attractive football, grooming youth talent and a non interfering management.<br>
    <br>Any reason you tolerate a company club Prayag United but hate DEMPO & SALGAOCAR.<br><br>Dodsal entry into football is surely news to be welcomed in this time of sparse corporate involvement...This could be the next step where corporates start getting interested in football..its a different matter that there is no money to be made in its current I-league format & economics...lets not write Dodsal off without even seeing them play.<br><br>Secondly Dodsal know very well to play into the AFC they have to fulfill certain criteria ...i feel when the time comes to jump these criteria will be fulfilled..at present its just 2 early to give a verdict.<br><br>(it will be like how Wenger was written of by critics when he was brought in to manage Arsenal FC)..Dodsal have money and intent to do well, they have appointed a emarati who is looking for a challange..the only thing you can fault is the player quality, some may consider them bad some may consider them ok for the second division..We will only have to wait and watch to see Dodsal performance.<br><br>