2012 Federation Cup

Comments

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited September 2012

if aizawl fc can get quality foreigner in defense for i league 2,i feel it wont be that difficult for them to qualify for i league....as rudra said they need to play with players of different physique etc...their result against moh sporting result indicate someone with good experience in defense could have made a difference...i feel this vital especially in i league 2 matches

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

RWFC , Arhima , Langsning FC all of Shillong and now AIzawl FC , all seem to be suffering from the same issues.

The Leagues they play in & dominate are far inferior to the top local leagues in India ( Goa & Kolkata ), so playing in those leagues alone will not help their cause as our enthusiastic poster from NY suggests.
    Not only do they need to travel extensively between now & March , by opting to play across India ( IFA Shield, EK Nayanar, Abhijit Kadam and any other tournaments) . This will give them an idea of relative strengths of other D-2 teams , as well as , most importantly, help them understand the differences in playing in hot & humid conditions ! something they don't experience in the North East.

Finally they have to abandon this policy of taking on local players, and look to invest in areas in which their teams are deficient, most obviously in the defenders/goalkeeping areas.

Lajong are the perfect example of this failed policy , in it is one of the reasons that they might once agin be relegation contenders along with the NorthEasts only other representative, USFC.

• Oh really now. I never said that if they played in the Mizoram Premier League before hand that Aizawl would have won over Mohammedan and made the finals. I said that they would be better prepared and maybe would not have lost as much as they did. And yes, as much as my respect for you has gone down now, I do agree that the Kolkata and Goa leagues are well and truly better than the others. They have had more time, the Nagaland Premier League is in year one and the Mizoram Premier League has not even began yet. 

And also I am not one of those posters who say that if Aizawl had that one tall foreigner that they would probably make a better push for qualifying for the I-League, but of course you need to attack me for the league statement. Shows my standing among other users on here to you. 

All the other things I agree with. t(."t)
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Guys,i was Laughing when reading your posts. its like whatever matches n. eastern teams lose its all they r losing them not there oponents beating them. its ok u support them,want them to do well(even i want). most of your posts r all one sided.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Not really Joyptan. No one is taking credits away from the winning side. We are trying to analyze where the NE teams might have got wrong. And as you can see, we have never undermined the winners. 

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

didnt aizawl and rwfc lose some key players this off season

• I think Royal lost a few and Aizawl to (Mizo can clear that up) but the problem is bigger than that.

Despite my recent opinions of Gaffertape I do have to say that he is right. The north-east area of India for football is like Nepal. An area which can generate a great crowd for everygame but in terms of development playing the game they lack the proper training. They can watch but cant play, at least the seniors and I think Lajong is slowly seeing that (hoping that is Bulpins influence) as they are now building from the bottem (youth) and providing the grounds of proper growing up in football. Of course you will have the usual guys who come out of no where but you cant have a team full of them. And understandably that is north-eastern football. It is a poor area, lacks proper grounds, probably lacks proper nutrition and as the Life Sports FC manager (Nagaland Premier League team) put it, has overage or super underage players. Also most of the teams lack proper funding to fly and play in national cups.

It is now changing with the introduction of new leagues in the area like the Mizoram Premier League and Nagaland Premier League but they are still at least 1 years old. That wont help there development as a state but it is a start that will hopefully show something in 5-10 years. The NPL did introduce us to a 15-year old. Also you got Academies starting like the Shillong Academy, Namchi, Baichungs Schools which now groom young NE players for the future and of course you have the I-League U20 champions Pune FC whos Academy was almost all NE players. The situation is getting better but it wont boom like everyone else wants but give it 5-10 years and you will see a major, major change in the way the organize football there. 

And thus Gaffer why I am enthusiastic about NE.

@somesh that's ok no body is taking cradit away from the wining team but nobody is giving any credit to te wining team also. All the posts r like they(n. Eastern team) have this problem that problem. Its almost like without these problem they whould be unbeatabel. I also know there defence isn't good. In the two fed cup qly matches they were just outclased by there oponents. What i am tring to say is a little bit of praise for mohamedan & kalighat whould have been better,other then that i have no complaint if i have any right to complain.

• > Joyptan said:
    > @somesh that's ok no body is taking cradit away from the wining team but nobody is giving any credit to te wining team also. All the posts r like they(n. Eastern team) have this problem that problem. Its almost like without these problem they whould be unbeatabel. I also know there defence isn't good. In the two fed cup qly matches they were just outclased by there oponents. What i am tring to say is a little bit of praise for mohamedan & kalighat whould have been better,other then that i have no complaint if i have any right to complain.

Agree to some extent. We did praise the Bengal teams I would consider saying how the CFL is way ahead of MPL and NPL as credit as well.

I think we are just talking more about the NE clubs because honestly, fine they lost that is expected but by the amount they lost is amazing. Royal managed to beat Kalighat in March and 6 months later it all changes! What happened. Why did the NE clubs lose by such huge margins. The Kolkata clubs are good but are they really that good?

Kalighat probably not but mohamedan is way better then aizwal & wahingdo. Atleast these year.