AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Maybe Wim wants to rotate/experiment with this squad a bit before we play our final game against Myanmar and then he plays the best possible squad which picks itself on merit of the first two games..lets wait and watch

• > Ronny said:
    > Maybe Wim wants to rotate/experiment with this squad a bit before we play our final game against Myanmar and then he plays the best possible squad which picks itself on merit of the first two games..lets wait and watch

You could be right. Plus this is 3 games in 6 days so obviously we should expect rotation.
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Robin must be on cloud 9 after scoring the matchwinner..its good for his confidence..we need a tall and young striker to be a regular in the Indian team

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points

Robin needs to show this at EB,also from what I saw of him he cant retain the same pace for full 90 mins either he does well as a sub or starts the match,slowly fades aways in 2nd half and then gets subbed.

Even though he has good physique and some football attributes like shielding  the ball well,hes poor at shooting(awful actually),average at heading(yes he worse than Sunil yes sunil) combined with a bindass attitude which is good if he were a Bollywood hero but not as a emerging footballer 

• Also keep in mind that Jeje is good at headers as well. Most of all the goals he has ever scored are from headers. I can only remember a few goals he has done with his feet.

Robin Singh has potential really but at 23 he has not really progressed as a footballer. I agree with Ash in what he said.
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points

after the thrashing of guam by myanmar, i am expecting some changes to the squad for the 2nd game against guam to keep the players fresh for the tough third game (probably decider) against myanmar..... wim needs be smart and rotate the players to keep them fresh...he should start with arata, lalkamal and alwyn/jewel with jeje/robin upfront.... let the defence be as it is cause they still lack coordination

• India needs to win well against Guam with good margin in case there is a draw against Myanmar.

• indianindian 0 Points

India in ideal scenario should be looking to get 7-0 or 8-0 against Guam(perhaps its best victory in terms of goal margin) because

1)Myanmar won 5-0

2)Myanmar i am assuming would be winning by more then one goal against Chinese Taipei so making it goal difference +7.

3)So India in order to top the group in case of a draw with Myanmar would be needing 7 or 8 against Guam.

However,saying that India should be winning against Myanmar if it dreams of winning AFC CHALLENGE CUP 2014.

• @indian You are 100% right. If we are serious then we should win all 3 of these matches. No questions asked.

As for defeating Guam. If we win 7-0 then we will have had our biggest match in our history. Our current best is a 6-0 beat down of Cambodia in 2007.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points

@arsenalkid700

@indian You are 100% right. If we are serious then we should win all 3 of these matches. No questions asked.

As for defeating Guam. If we win 7-0 then we will have had our biggest match in our history. Our current best is a 6-0 beat down of Cambodia in 2007.

for that to happen wim need to show some sense he shud include arata and nabi in starting 11 and yes jeje but after seeing pathetic display against CT i think if they win 4-0 OR 5-0  THEY WILL CONSIDER THEMSELVES LUCKY