Next president of AIFF?

anandanand 0 Points
edited September 2012 in Indian Football Team

There is an rumor/news being discussed in various Facebook groups that elections for next AIFF president will be held in December. 

As a ardent Indian football fan and had seen so much of dramas of AIFF for all these years, my point is why not us; fans of Indian football try to do something in getting right candidate for the post?
I'm well aware of the fact that common people has little or no effect on these matters, about those filthy politics and Nepotism involved in such matters. But why can't we choose some people and persuade them for the elections. We all well known about people with real passion for Indian football and with good management skills. Have your say about feasibility of this action and about potential candidates. 

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Its not in our hands, nor that we know who are going to contest. Furthermore, in these federations, the incumbent president stays until he dies or gets too paralysed to do anything. So nothing to talk about here

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

normally once a guy come sin he's there for years as seen with Mr Munshi before..dont think Mr Patel will be going anywhere soon. they come in, they know the voting mechanisms and after all they are professional politicians if they dont know how to exploit this who will. i have pondered same question for pakistani football but sadly it is very difficult. unless some you fans get into management side of things, tie up with a politician or a corporate professional of repute and work on contesting future elections i think thats something doable..but it will continue to be won by politicians until the sports authority of india or somebody bans serving politicians from running sports bodies..which i hope someday happens.

• > Shah476 said:
    > normally once a guy come sin he's there for years as seen with Mr Munshi before..dont think Mr Patel will be going anywhere soon. they come in, they know the voting mechanisms and after all they are professional politicians if they dont know how to exploit this who will. i have pondered same question for pakistani football but sadly it is very difficult. unless some you fans get into management side of things, tie up with a politician or a corporate professional of repute and work on contesting future elections i think thats something doable..but it will continue to be won by politicians until the sports authority of india or somebody bans serving politicians from running sports bodies..which i hope someday happens.

This is not about Praful patel. I'm talking about AIFF president post one that kushal das holds now

> anand said:
    > > Shah476 said:
    > > normally once a guy come sin he's there for years as seen with Mr Munshi before..dont think Mr Patel will be going anywhere soon. they come in, they know the voting mechanisms and after all they are professional politicians if they dont know how to exploit this who will. i have pondered same question for pakistani football but sadly it is very difficult. unless some you fans get into management side of things, tie up with a politician or a corporate professional of repute and work on contesting future elections i think thats something doable..but it will continue to be won by politicians until the sports authority of india or somebody bans serving politicians from running sports bodies..which i hope someday happens.
    >
    >

This is not about Praful patel. I'm talking about AIFF president post one that kushal das holds now

OH DEAR!

Kushal Das is secretary general/CEO he is appointed by the president or the executive body. he can be on a contract of few years i guess...no elections for that as far as i understand football.

edited September 2012

> Shah476 said:
    > Kushal Das is secretary general/CEO he is appointed by the president or the executive body. he can be on a contract of few years i guess...no elections for that as far as i understand football.

That is why I said 'OH DEAR!'

This is bound to happen when you cite Facebook as the source of your belief and conversation. RIP

haha true... and ofcourse some of our fans can get a bit carried away :)

• Oh guys,
    So what, i missed the word general secretary i'm well aware of the structure of sports bodies in India.
    CEO is appointed based on their profile and interviews are conducted for candidates. Now i'm talking about this. Atleast don't be pessimists you want Indian football to develop but will never come forward and also critizise others action. Well what can i say  [-O< 

@anand I am sure your intentions are good. Again, for general secretary, you cannot represent your candidature. Its a job which is offered to able people. Kushal Das is doing good. Let us not start discussing what is not practically possible. It will only seem childish. Yes, you can surely put forward some names you think might be worthy, on this forum, and discuss about them. But that again is a discussion.

• Kushal Das is one of my favorites in the AIFF. He is an amazing speaker as well and he attends ALL events unlike Patil who barely will.