FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil

Comments

• CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Why isn't India playing in 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil? I thought India was going to be the emerging superpower in the World.

Shame shame shame!!!! India with a billion strong population are unable to produce a world class football team of 11 players. Do corrupt netas and babus with swiss bank accounts have anything to say on this issue? India's senior team should have football rivalry with Japan or Italy by now (not with Pakistan or Nepal or Maldives).

After elections are over, I challenge the new government of India to catapult India in the top 10 of FIFA rankings.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    @preetam He is Steve Buckner, but he officiated a football match in WC qualifier in 1998. 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited May 2014

Brazil Squad for World Cup

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico Mineiro)

Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Thiago
    Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Henrique (Napoli), Maicon (Roma), Dani
    Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain)

Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham),
    Fernandinho (Manchester City), Ramires (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea),
    Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Inter Milan)

Strikers: Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk), Neymar (Barcelona), Jo (Atletico Mineiro), Fred (Fluminense)

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Kaka,robinho and ronaldinho dropped...wat a crap
    i don't get it their policy...robinho and kaka were doing well for their club after making comeback from injury...why they were not selected....
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It was expected. The playing XI will be the same which won Confederation Cup last year. Others are for backup. Scolari famously dropped Romario last time when he was coach for Brazil WC in I think 2002. Kaka, Robinho are old now and they will not fit in this year Scolari scheme of aggressive Football. Pressure is huge on them to win World Cup and go for young blood is the best mantra.
    Who can stop Brazil in Brazil? Argentina, Italy, Spain? may be outside chance. I dont think that any other team has capability to do that.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Kaka is only 32 ...
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    willian is average player , i would have been taken kaka in place of him