Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    edited April 2021
    Dheeraj Singh focused on improving despite stellar show in AFC Champions League
    (He is sounding matured for his age and grounded. Hope he will not get carried away with all the hype)
    After the Gaurs kept two consecutive clean-sheets, Dheeraj drew praise from all quarters including from opposition coaches for some stunning saves as Goa surprised everyone by showing that they can hold their own against some of Asia's best.
    The youngster however wants to stay grounded and is only focused on improving himself rather than getting carried away in all the praise.
    "It was a good opportunity for me especially (to be playing in the Champions League). It is my duty to save the ball but if you look at the matches, I have made some errors. We play as a team and if you make mistakes, we are there to support each other," said Dheeraj prior to their match against Iranian giants Persepolis FC on Tuesday.
    "It was very important and a good platform for me and for the whole FC Goa. We are not just representing FC Goa but we are representing the whole country," he said.
    "I moved to ATK (Mohun Bagan) and I played just one game, but for a young player it is important to keep on playing matches to build confidence," he said.
    Goa came calling as they decided to place their trust in him and Dheeraj he has only grown from strength to strength since then.
    "Luckily, I got a transfer to Goa in January. All I needed is trust from the coach and all I've been doing is working hard. It was a learning process for me and you don't get everything in a year or two years. It was a big learning process for me," he said.
    indian_gooner
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Concept of ESL is same as ISL but no money in the ISL. EVIL TO FOOTBALL culture. 

No merit, biggies gang up and try to rule. 

What do you expect in the 21st century rat race. 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    European Super League is cancelled.
    All English clubs have withdrawn from this farce.
    In last few minutes Italian clubs have also said no to ESL  

Barring some glory hunter fans of ISL 
    Nobody was interested in this preposterous idea. 
    giridharanAshishKaulgoalkeeparashindiaindian_goonerThe real AG
  • its like creating a whatsapp group and leving it after 2 days.
    munna219777Deb_Banashindia
    This fiasco of European Super League reminds me of this debacle in 2018

Explainer What is the South West Asian Football Federation and what does it mean for India

India was supposed to play friendlies with saudi arabia

Deb_Banindian_gooneratuljggoalkeeparashindiakartik91
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    threat to ban players from playing for national team is strong
    indian_goonermunna219777
    Basically Football is nothing without Fan support.
    Fans disliked this concept of closed league.
    They want competition, merit, promotion, relegation.
    The whole concept was a disaster.
    Players of these clubs have tweeted against this.
    Without support of Fans, Footballers, Federations, Government - you cannot bring a league.

Football is not for sale, definitely not in Europe.

Deb_Bangoalkeeparsouravindiaindian_goonergiridharankartik91
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    Nothing to do with threat to ban national team players. Everything to do with fan backlash leading to sponsors rethinking.
    giridharanatuljgmunna219777indian_goonerBrainFallINDIA
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Players came up against it because they know they came up to this level not because of these 12 big clubs, but the small clubs.

Something we did not see in India. Not a single player in India commented against the forceful relegation of I-League clubs.
    munna219777goalkeeparsouravindiaindian_gooner