Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    With all this E.B Ownership & Sponsorship fiasco , first with Quess and now with Sree Cements, I feel M.B management got a best deal with ATK by retaining crest & color along with name.

On the flip side, I feel E.B should play in I League if they are not interested in transferring all rights to principal owners & instead build the young & core team. If E.B wins I League & FSDL allows promotion, then E.B will ultimately play in ISL. As they will have enough time, meanwhile they can find good owners who are willing to share the power & rights.
    giridharanmunna219777Carbon_14gaffertapeindian_goonerAbhishekkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3656 Points
    @Nagendra
    One clarity yet not confirmed by FSDL is if they will waive of the franchise participation fee. Which is 15 Cr and increasing every season. So I am not sure, EB or many I-League clubs will feel comfortable with that amount. Hope that gets resolved.
    Deb_Banmunna219777Nagendraindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Something will come up at the last moment and East Bengal will play in ISL

However squad formation, training all takes a hit because of this fiasco every year.
    giridharanSanjeev Biswasindian_goonerChelseafansparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29643 Points

Football Kicks-off at Mohun Bagan! We Met the Elated Canteen Owners, Staff

Video Producer: Maaz Hasan
    Video Editor: 
    Abhishek Sharma

Finally, after almost 19 months, on 17 August, Kolkata felt its pulse of football spirit again as the Mohun Bagan Athletic Club Ground witnessed the first match of the new season of Calcutta Football League 2021.

We got a chance to watch the first match of the season, which was played between Kidderpore SC and Peerless SC where the latter won the match by scoring 4 goals. However, irrespective of the result, this match's significance lies in breathing life into football and Maidan canteens in Kolkata.

div classparagraphspFirst match of the season being played betweennbspKidderpore SC and Peerless SCpdiv

First match of the season being played between Kidderpore SC and Peerless SC

Due to COVID-19 lockdown, the Maidan canteen and food stalls suffered huge financial crisis.

"I have come back after around a year and 6-7 months. I was able to make a sale worth Rs 100. Earlier, I used to have good sale. In lockdown there was hardly any sale. We followed the lockdown protocols at home only. I used to sell vegetables. During the lockdown, I used to sell vegetables in different localities of Howrah."
    Mohammad Chand, Food Stall Owner, Mohun Bagan AC

div classparagraphspWith no football Mohun Bagan canteen was emptypdiv

With no football, Mohun Bagan canteen was empty

Palash Mukherjee, lovingly known as 'Kaju Da', of the Mohun Bagan canteen says, "Due to this complete absence of sporting action from the Maidan. All the canteen owners, staff people, and other food stall owners business came to a halt.

"Maidan is everything for me. If Maidan comes to a halt, then what will we do? We are small businessmen and can't compete with the big ones. Most of the staff members were at home. They were also facing financial difficulties. I tried to pay them as much as I could by personally arranging money. I am praying to God and hopefully with the matches being played again things will turn out to be better."
    Palash Mukherjee, Canteen Owner, Mohun Bagan AC

div classparagraphspEmpty stand of the Mohun Bagan stadiumpdiv

Empty stand of the Mohun Bagan stadium

The players were also affected in a big way because of no football being played for over a year-and-a-half. So, naturally, players too were happy to be back on the pitch.

"For sure we were mentally devastated. It was very difficult as a sportsman to sit inside a house for 4, 5, 6 months and not practice. We are back again in the Calcutta League. We have the motivation. This is our job, so we are back. We are happy to be back."
    Ansumana Kromah, Footballer, Peerless SC

If Maidan is the soul of the city of joy, then the canteens serve as lifelines. With the season opening match of Calcutta Football League 2021, Maidan Canteen owners and Kolkata look towards the future with hope.

https://www.thequint.com/my-report/video-our-wait-for-football-in-kolkata-finally-is-over-with-cfl-2021-season-opener#read-more

munna219777ashindiaathi_bheekaransouravindiaindian_goonergiridharanDeb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    India vs Mohammedan tomorrow 6 pm
    Ronnygiridharanharitrams24Deb_BanashindiaAbhishek
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Any telecast for today s match?? 
    Abhishek
  • RonnyRonny 10460 Points
    Goals by Farukh and Pandita. Conditions were pretty bad to play in, specially the second half
    haritrams24giridharanashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3656 Points
    edited August 2021
    MSC played well. Their new signing Nikola seems to be a good signing. Very good in link up play and orchestrating from mid. Too bad they never had anyone in attacking outlet to make use of it.
    munna219777thebeautifulgamesouravindiaashindiagoalkeeparharitrams24NagendraAbhishekindian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points

25-man India Squad travelling to Nepal:

Goalkeepers: Amrinder Singh, Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.

Defenders: Pritam Kotal, Chinglensana Singh Konsham, Mandar Rao Dessai, Akash Mishra, Rahul Bheke, Subhasish Bose, Seriton Fernandes.

Midfielders: Lalengmawia, Bipin Singh, Anirudh Thapa, Sahal Abdul Samad, Brandon Fernandes, Liston Colaco, Yasir Mohammad, Glan Martins, Suresh Singh Wangjam, Jeakson Singh, Pronay Halder.

Forwards: Manvir Singh, Rahim Ali, Sunil Chhetri, Farukh Choudhary.

Out: Udanta Singh, Halicharan Narzary, Ashique Kuruniyan, Adil Khan, Vishal Kaith, Narender Gehlot, Ishan Pandita, Ashutosh Mehta, Asish Rai, Rahul KP.

munna219777indian_gooner