Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    And SC will return 
    giridharanashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3656 Points
    I admire the confidence that he says I will work to move the team beyond quarterfinals lol.

He proved nothing and now talking as if he made great progress with NT. He mentions about moving on to other plans. What other plans ?! Nobody will offer him a job with his current performance unless he scams some other federation. His initial motivation on this job went down drastically. He stopped watching I-league games. He never seems bothered with big defeats. Our team players still play less confident than SC era. We are struggling to beat poor sides like Singapore. We lose badly to mid level asian teams like Vietnam. Man is full of talks no action. I hope he doesn't brag about qualifying to asian cup when he leaves.
    goalkeeparindian_goonerashindiaDeb_Ban
  • i feel is a good decision by him. the only thing i liked about him is speaking to media, giving chance to young players.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Stimac is a bad coach. He was selected because he managed Croatia and not nothing else. There was a young Swedish coach who gave a much better interview as per few people and others who were impressive. But AIFF went with Stimac because they thought he was a big deal 
    Deb_Bangiridharanindian_gooner
    ashindia said:
    Hyderabad FC inaugurates their own training facility Gogzee Sports Arena. Kalyan was there for the opening ceremony. Impressive move by keeping their same budget and finding these much needed infra for professional clubs. Kolkata or goan clubs didn't had to sweat to build training infra. CFC is the only club which is loaning the training infra from ramachandra institute. 
    I have been to the ground. Pitch is better than Gachibowli stadiums 
    A lot of ISL clubs need to move away from state owned stadium and build smaller ones like lower league English clubs or smaller European countries 

I can understand Kerala Blasters wanting to play in big stadium but teams like Chennaiyin FC struggle even to sell 2 thousand tickets and give away a lot of complimentary passes.

They also spend over 2 crore every season on renting the stadium and this does not include charges for maintenance and electricity bill etc. 

They can simply build a small stadium outskirts of the city. Avoid complimentary passes and save a lot more in long-term

I'd love clubs to build stadium like Tilak Maidan, invest in youth etc than spend huge money on things they don't require 
    Deb_Banindian_goonerEastBengalPride
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    They have no desire to build any stadium.

How many club owned stadiums do we have in India ? 0
    Even the Cricket assoiation stadiums were financed by Govt - land included.
    Deb_Bangiridharanindian_gooner
    They have no desire to build any stadium.

How many club owned stadiums do we have in India ? 0
    Even the Cricket assoiation stadiums were financed by Govt - land included.
    If they have long-term desire, they need to. I don't think it will cost a fortune to build a stadium like Tilak Maidan

but most clubs operate on season-by-season module have massive squad and administration overhauls, no youth teams etc. so they don't think long-term

we need football specific stadiums to grow the sport 

All the money invested in U-17 World cup etc went to waste within a few years 
    munna219777giridharangoalkeeparindian_goonerkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3656 Points
    Yeah we need proper training facilities, and we don't have to do it across the country like China. We should look for countries like Iceland as inspiration. They have proper infrastructure, coaches and smaller stadiums which could be expanded down the line. Without having these basic things our clubs go out and spend big on so many things. The amount of losses we make is a shame. ISL should give back like 3Cr of franchise fee under condition they use to spend on stadiums or pitches until they are ready. 8 years of this circus and very little has been done on infrastructure side.
    indian_gooner