Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    match fixing allegations predate ISL 

I still remember Dempo winning 14-0 ( Not sure of score line exactly ) against Air India to get ahead of Salgoacar on goal difference or the constant chatter about fixing in I-League and Goa Pro League back in the day 

Match Fixing was pretty common in Indian football
    deepak dedhaindian_goonergiridharan
  • I REMEMBER RANDOM People in Europe used to message me regarding some local matches in Goa and Mumbai back then. I think people are closely following Indian football as a way to make handsome amounts.

ashindiaindian_gooner
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I used to be asked for writing gigs to by betting sites and firms and some even asked me info about CFA league

Betting is big in Britain and there are companies who function only to get millions on games everyday. 
    giridharanindian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    I think this has to be fairly looked at. I don't think calling CBI puppets of FSDL is right without evidence. We all like I-League but thinks like should not happen in the sport.
    ashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    edited November 2022
    Beats me why CBI had to be called for match fixing investigation. First it should have been by a committee set up by AIFF, if there are specific allegations. If investigation reports are not satisfactory, then other neutral agencies may be engaged. Involving CBI right away is like putting the cart before the horse.
    Isn't is violation of FIFA's statute again?
    goalkeeparmunna219777indian_goonerashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Churchill Brothers, MDSP and GKFC are under CBI radar. FIR will be filed before current iLeague is completed. No other iLeague club apart from these 3 has the wherewithal to pass the licensing criteria. If even an iota is found to be true (which they will as atleast CB and MDSP clubs are known match fixers in the bookie circuit), iLeague will be "temporarily disbanded" and clubs to be suspended indefinitely till court gives a verdict.

Game, set and match - FSDL, take a bow! 
    goalkeeparsouravindiaRonnyashindia
  • If a national agency like CBI is called a puppet of a business house then God save India. Football is just a meagre proposition. I do not think this is possible. We have seen they can be politically motivated but from businesshouse as well?
    Yet will wait and watch.
  • But it does beat me why will bookies be more interested in ileague when ISL is considered now as top league. In that case they should also investigate ISL matches
    goalkeeparDeb_Banmunna219777
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    But it does beat me why will bookies be more interested in ileague when ISL is considered now as top league. In that case they should also investigate ISL matches
    Probably because it's easy to lure I leagues clubs and players. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    But it does beat me why will bookies be more interested in ileague when ISL is considered now as top league. In that case they should also investigate ISL matches
    Probably because it's easy to lure I leagues clubs and players. 
    Privately owned leagues are easy to fix and private owner sees profit in fixing his private league
    souravindia