Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• as a kbfc fan, i am very happy about these developments because others teams are missing key players in the positions. so it gives us a advantage to beat them.
    goalkeepargaffertapedev_pfc
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    Indian football season officially starts today
    Passi
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    https://thebridge.in/football/hyderabad-fc-transfer-ban-crisis-isl-43269 Hyderabad fc banned by fifa to sign anymore players, after they have no paid last 6 month salary's to there players. 
    giridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4023 Points
    https://thebridge.in/football/hyderabad-fc-transfer-ban-crisis-isl-43269 Hyderabad fc banned by fifa to sign anymore players, after they have no paid last 6 month salary's to there players. 
    When I mentioned this is unprofessional and unethical people pointed the other things that is going well with HFC. I think what they have done in terms of treating players is abysmal. Just because they are an ISL club things are not allowed to be spoken out. The same happened with Pune City all hush hush. But imagine if the same happened in I-League how the players and the media can speak up and spoil the club's Image. I have personally said the same about EB back when they were in I-League.

Huge admiration to these players for playing months without getting paid and they did not compromise on the quality. HFC should be given a transfer ban for 2 years. They need to know such actions will have repercussions!  If you can't find money to pay sell some and onboard other investors. 
    goalkeepargaffertapeindian_goonerRonny
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Punjab FC has decided to pay 15 Cr franchise fee to FSDL 

All clubs in the ISL, the top-tier league since 2019 replacing I-League, pay an annual franchise fee of Rs 12 crore to Rs 16 crore. Clubs getting promoted to the ISL from the I-League will not have to pay a fee, according to the roadmap presented by the AIFF (2019), which also has the backing of the FSDL and the various stakeholders of ISL.

“The biggest reason behind this decision is that the club doesn’t want to miss out on the central pool revenue in the future,” the source added.

What is the central pool revenue?

All the money that the Indian Super League procures from its sponsorship deals, broadcasting deals and payments, are put together in the central pool revenue. Once all the expenses of the League are met, the remaining money left in the pool after the end of the season, is equally distributed among all the clubs. 

Without paying the franchise fee, Punjab would not have been allowed to take a share from the central pool revenue, but now since they will pay the required fee, the club will rightfully be given their share of revenue starting from this season.

https://khelnow.com/football/2023-08-indian-football-isl-punjab-fc-pay-franchise-fee

This IS blackmail

What nonsense! This was clearly defined in the roadmap, no point crying now. 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    You know a club cannot survive without league sponsorship money, telecast money (heck, these money are because of the clubs only), gate sale, jersey sale and so on. So how is it fair taking in a club but denying the goodies?
    Which other league have this "pay to play" scheme?
    Were it not for the league owned privately, money earned would have been distributed fairly, and some would go into (real) development as well.
    Deb_Ban said:
    You know a club cannot survive without league sponsorship money, telecast money (heck, these money are because of the clubs only), gate sale, jersey sale and so on. So how is it fair taking in a club but denying the goodies?
    Were it not for the league owned privately, money earned would have been distributed fairly, and some would go into (real) development as well.
    Yes, when the league was run by AIFF (NFL and ileague) clubs earned crores from the league revenue :lol:lol:
    gaffertape
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Deb_Ban said:
    Yes, when the league was run by AIFF (NFL and ileague) clubs earned crores from the league revenue :lol:lol:
    Yeah the clubs are earning crores now :D

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    edited August 2023
    Deb_Ban said:

All clubs in the ISL, the top-tier league since 2019 replacing I-League, pay an annual franchise fee of Rs 12 crore to Rs 16 crore. Clubs getting promoted to the ISL from the I-League will not have to pay a fee, according to the roadmap presented by the AIFF (2019), which also has the backing of the FSDL and the various stakeholders of ISL.

“The biggest reason behind this decision is that the club doesn’t want to miss out on the central pool revenue in the future,” the source added.

All the money that the Indian Super League procures from its sponsorship deals, broadcasting deals and payments, are put together in the central pool revenue. Once all the expenses of the League are met, the remaining money left in the pool after the end of the season, is equally distributed among all the clubs. 

Without paying the franchise fee, Punjab would not have been allowed to take a share from the central pool revenue, but now since they will pay the required fee, the club will rightfully be given their share of revenue starting from this season.

https://khelnow.com/football/2023-08-indian-football-isl-punjab-fc-pay-franchise-fee

This IS blackmail

It was not stated in the roadmap that the promoted clubs will not get share of sponsorship money.
    The whole idea behind promotion and relegation is to make the league merit-based and not purse size based. If I get promotion on sporting grounds, then why should I have to pay again to play?
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Deb_Ban said:

This IS blackmail

It was not stated in the roadmap that the promoted clubs will not get share of sponsorship money.
    The whole idea behind promotion and relegation is to make the league merit-based and not purse size based. If I get promotion on sporting grounds, then why should I have to pay again to play?
    It was stated I'm told