Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    On what basis?
    Currently after 12 I-League 2 games , SC Bengaluru are table toppers with 27 points. Even if they loose next two 2 games, they will still finish in top 2. Hence, promoted without conclusion of the league 2.

Dempo, SC Goa, Sudeva Delhi & Bengaluru United are still in fray for next available spot. But its better if Dempo/SC Goa gets promoted to I-League. 
    ashindiaDeb_Ban
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3412 Points
    Sporting Club Bengaluru promoted to I league 
    ok. just realized that it is not Bengaluru United from Sevilla group. Even the club was founded in 2022. amazing. i think we have problem of same name for clubs in India. In future we need to create names placed on exact place as in England. Eg: There is no club having the name London despite having so many clubs from there. 
    Deb_Banashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    edited April 16
    I also thought them to be FC Bengaluru United.
    Anyway, can we have an intro, anyone?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    SC Bengaluru are Champions of I league 2
    giridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    Sporting Club Bengaluru: A data-driven club on a quest to reach the pinnacle of Indian Football

The side became BDFA Super Division champions in their debut season and clinched an I-League 2nd Division berth.

The club was still very much in its early days when it made its debut in the Bangalore District Football Association (BDFA) Super Division last year. But they made the football buffs in the Garden City sit up and take notice of their performance in the inaugural season where they clinched the title with 46 points from 18 games, by virtue of which, earning a berth for the I-League Second Division from next season onwards.

The team mostly relies on local talent, with as many as 16 players from the city in its ranks.

"Our Aim is to promote local talent and focus is on the data to drive the club. We have set a five year road map and we have achieved our first target in our debut season and we plan to work towards reaching our goals with the European approach," said SCB CEO Kishore S R while speaking at a press conference at Ritz Carlton on Wednesday (January 25), held to celebrate the club's Super Division title triumph.

The competitive nature of the 20 team BDFA Super Division can be identified from the fact that SCB roped in India international Robin Singh at the beginning of the season.

The mercurial striker made his presence felt in what was his return to Bengaluru after a seven-year absence. "When I met with the promoters of the club, I thought the project was exciting. I want to give back a lot to Indian football and I'm more than happy to help the talented boys to come up and I'm ready to support them on and off the pitch," said Robin.

Promoting local talent is the buzzword in SCB circles and the coaches of the teams have been very instrumental in that. 

The persistence with local talent saw five SCB players getting representation in the Karnataka state team for the country's senior men's national championship – Santosh Trophy.

Head coach Chinta Chandrashekar, spoke about SCB's season and future aspirations. "Our strong foundations, mindset and determination helped us become BDFA CHAMPIONS in our debut season, we will continue working in the same direction during the upcoming season.

With new bigger challenges coming our way, like the I-League 2nd division, we have a lot of work to be done to put up a good performance and to hopefully be the first Bengaluru club to qualify for the I-League".

As they say, well begun is half done. SCB have started well and with the BDFA Super Division title in their kitty.

The long road to the top tier of Indian Football lies ahead. For that the I League Second Division is the next challenge, followed by a berth in its top tier.

Talking about the roadmap ahead, Club's Co-Founders and Directors Adrian Wright, Kulbir Sohi and Tony Sohi commented "SCB was formed by a group of passionate sport professionals that have a proven track record in professional football, we plan to illustrate that football is a business and will return investment, plus sustaining a very powerful ecosystem in the region we operate to benefit India as a whole.

2022 was our founding year and saw us claim the Champions spot in the Karnataka Super Division at the first attempt.

Our ambition is to play in the Indian Super League within five years and this visit from the UK has a clear motive to tell the local community of our plans and also connect with like-minded individuals that would like to join our journey to establish a first for professional football in India."

https://thebridge.in/football/sporting-club-bengaluru-data-driven-club-quest-reach-pinnacle-indian-football-39192
    indian_goonerDeb_Bansouravindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    Thank you @thebeautifulgame.
    Chinta Chandrasekhar played in MB, I think.
    Bengaluru clubs should think beyond 'Bengaluru' while naming their clubs. It is only adding clutter and confusion. Anyway best of luck to them.
    giridharanindian_goonerthebeautifulgame
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3412 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Bengaluru clubs should think beyond 'Bengaluru' while naming their clubs. It is only adding clutter and confusion. Anyway best of luck to them.
    yes. not only Bengaluru but for rest of the new clubs too. In Kerala itself, there are so many clubs having a generic Kerala in their name. They should form a community from the place they want to set up the base, take the name of that specific place rather than going for whole city/district. 
    goalkeeparDeb_Bangiridharanathi_bheekaran
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1092 Points
    edited April 18
    Deb_Ban said:
    yes. not only Bengaluru but for rest of the new clubs too. In Kerala itself, there are so many clubs having a generic Kerala in their name. They should form a community from the place they want to set up the base, take the name of that specific place rather than going for whole city/district. 

Does football exist in Karnataka outside Bengaluru ?? Completely Invisible to outsiders..!! West Bengal also. Only Kolkata clubs are visible.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    we have football league  in mysore as well. 
    athi_bheekaran
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    Maddie said:
    we have football league  in mysore as well. 
    If you are talking about the league that ends in 40 days? that is no where close to be called a league. When I was there for 3 years that was all I noticed. Player levels was also like school level tournament.
    ashindia