I-League 2012 -13 Round 7

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > The coach after the match: Arthur Papas...

Just shows you how much potential this guy has to be a great coach, not only in Indian football, but potentially Asian/World football as well.

Arthur's 3rd point seem very unprofessional to me...if there's a news, then its a news, some journalist cant say oh these are young players so we sudnt write about their fines and all...

• he is human after all... has emotions and frustrations.... good thing is that he vents them out after a good result for his team

• > rudra said:
    >

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > The coach after the match: Arthur Papas...

Just shows you how much potential this guy has to be a great coach, not only in Indian football, but potentially Asian/World football as well.

Arthur's 3rd point seem very unprofessional to me...if there's a news, then its a news, some journalist cant say oh these are young players so we sudnt write about their fines and all...

>
    >

I dont see how that is unprofessional. Now if he said "those idiots" instead of "ignorent" then yes that is bad but what he just said is okay. I mean I agree with him. We as fans/journalists do love to take criticism to another extreme level and make it bigger than it is instead of praising when needed.

When Arsenal won 2-0 against Montpellier I expected praise for the performance but all I got was people looking at what we did wrong and they would stop.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > he is human after all... has emotions and frustrations.... good thing is that he vents them out after a good result for his team

whats to be frustrated....its a good thing that the news was out... otherwise would u have ever realised that whats going on within the camp... he just wanted to keep things under the wraps, but i feel  we have right to know the happenings of every i league club... thats the problem, we only get the good stuff and think oh how much we are improving and then we play international matches we realise how shit we are...how long we will rely on the aiff's 'feel good' reports????? independent media houses who fish out these reports deserve kudos...

Does Arthur knows the person who first brought out the report? Its Jaydeep Basu from The Telegraph...he is one of the veteran journalists and has written a book on India football called stories of Indian football. So, basically he is ignorant right?
  • @Rudra I dont think your understanding. Of course the news needed to come out and I think Papas knew it needed to come out as well but afterwards I kept on reading about how nothing was changing. Pailan is the same piece of shit we expect from Indian football. Papas is not dumb, he knows these things and he can read facebook, newspapers, and other outlets like IFN.

He probably saw the huge commotion being made about this and wanted to prove that Pailan were no push-overs and could stand up in I-League.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

on the contrary Pailan management or Arthur never wanted the news to be out. Its the journalist who fished it out from their sources in AIFF. It was not official declaration from Pailan or AIFF. and this is exactly why Arthur is so pissed that he is insulting people who actually did their job. 

• > rudra said:
    > on the contrary Pailan management or Arthur never wanted the news to be out. Its the journalist who fished it out from their sources in AIFF. It was not official declaration from Pailan or AIFF. and this is exactly why Arthur is so pissed that he is insulting people who actually did their job. 

And it came out and obviously he is going to be frustrated. How would you feel as a coach if that came out? Deep down you would know it was good but really you would feel let down as well.
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited November 2012

United Sikkim line up for today’s match
    against Pune FC

Goalkeeper: Monotosh Ghosh
    Defence: Anwar Ali, Sandesh Jhingan,
    Safar Sardar, Munmun T Lugon
    Midfield: Micheal Rodriquez, Sahenshah
    Ansari, Zenith Masangwa, DG Attivi
    Forwards: Nurudeen Salau, Nadong Bhutia

Substitutes: Tae Yoon (goalkeeper),
    Abishek Das, Linekar Machado, Budiram
    Tudu, Bhaichung Bhutia, Nima Tamang,
    Mobin Rai

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

kshitij USFC said:

against Pune FC

Mobin Rai

HOW DID U GOT THE LINE UP 6 HOURS BEFORE THE KICK OFF?

• kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited November 2012

Joyptan said:

kshitij USFC said:

against Pune FC

Mobin Rai

HOW DID U GOT THE LINE UP 6 HOURS BEFORE THE KICK OFF?

i m special fan.
    got some xtra privileges.
    lol