AFC U-14 CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS

Comments

• gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    there is nothing to worry about this team as they are u13...remember tht flan gomez selected best player in u12 category at fcbcola tournament so he must be 11 or 10 (guess) ..and these kids will get good training ahead of u17world cup in 2017 <br>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    In terms of result, i would say it was not a good tournament for India.Considering the infrastructure and facilities we should be beating Pakistan and every Saff nation at pretty much every level.<br><br>It wasn't as if we were unlucky or something as Pak and Iran had scored almost double goals than us in the matches we managed to win as well(Turk,Kyr).<br><br>This shows Pakistan as a team was better than us which is bewildering to be honest considering the difference in terms of infrastructure and passion for the game is better in India.So,well played Pakistan.<br><br>Only consolation is that this is u-14 category  and players will be developing further but still the countries like Iran,Japan,Korea etc won't get beaten by the so called minnows even in this category.<br><br><br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Bad wrote: »
    In terms of result, i would say it was not a good tournament for India.Considering the infrastructure and facilities we should be beating Pakistan and every Saff nation at pretty much every level.<br><br>It wasn't as if we were unlucky or something as Pak and Iran had scored almost double goals than us in the matches we managed to win as well(Turk,Kyr).<br><br>This shows Pakistan as a team was better than us which is bewildering to be honest considering the difference in terms of infrastructure and passion for the game is better in India.So,well played Pakistan.<br><br>Only consolation is that this is u-14 category  and players will be developing further but still the countries like Iran,Japan,Korea etc won't get beaten by the so called minnows even in this category.<br><br><br>

<br><br>Iranians are better cause they have club level league for U-15 teams from which NT are selected.<br>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Ya, 3-1 loss to Iran is digestible as they are one of the better countries but 2-0 loss to Pakistan considering the difference in infrastructure is not all good.<br><br>We need to have strong showing from the likes of U-14 as some of these players may make it to squad for 2017 world cup.<br> <br>Moreover we should be qualifying for at least Asia Cup Final tournament in all age levels.However,considering this tournament it was very difficult as just 1 team was to be selected.<br><br><br>Our U-16 players did well where they lost 3-2 to ultimate winners and drew with China and Syria.So it was a decent Tournament.<br><br>Now it is time to groom these youngsters as these guys have got the potential to do well in Asia atleast. <br><br>There are 8-10 guys from age level(16-23) who according to me if nurtured properly can play in decent leagues in Europe and do well abroad and for the country because even if Brandon does play abroad ,he will surely need 2-3 guys more who shall be playing abroad too(Maybe not in a similar league or division but still in a decent club to prove that he is not a fluke talent). Only if we have  more than one player playing abroad only than we can be taken seriously by European Scouts(Baichung Bhutia is a prime Example).It took us 10 years after him to produce a player capable of playing abroad(CHHETRI)so we should be having atleast 2-3 players playing in decent leagues simultaneously.So,i would say the coming 5 years are very crucial and hold the key for EVOLUTION of INDIAN FOOTBALL.<br><br><br>
    I dont know what Infrastructure your talking about ?? I dont see any huge difference in Infrastructure of India and Pakistan.<br><br>Just like Pakistan,this team was chosen from bunch of state teams in Kalyani recently.They were supposed to occupy the Bangalore Academy but thanks to delay,they could only train in Goa.<br><br>Team just started playing a new style and expecting them to play like Brazil within weeks is stupidity,they all are from different states/backgrounds/regions will take time for them to adjust and develop individually.<br><br>As far as I know Pakistan play direct style of football,which is easier to adapt and being physically bigger it paid them dividends. <br><br>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    What i meant was Indian Football Structure is better than that of Pakistan so its result should show at all the Age levels and not just the national teams(main).<br><br><br>
    Bad wrote: »
    What i meant was Indian Football Structure is better than that of Pakistan so its result should show at all the Age levels and not just the national teams(main).<br><br><br>

<br><br>Indian football structure is no different from Pakistan at U-13 level.We dont have any La Masia. <br>
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Disappointed to see us lose 3-1 to iran but still good showing. Sadly this is where the adventure will end for some and for more after u16s.

India fans dnt need to worrt..right things r happening there n these kids will only get better.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    N yes Iran has a national u14 league n tehran has its own u14 league..very good system they have there.