2012-13 I-League Round 16: Pailan's time to shine!

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

83 - Good defending by Sandesh Jhingan to dispossess Antchouet in the USFC box

90 - Four minutes added time

90 - Yellow Card - H. Antchouet (Churchill Brothers SC)

FULL TIME: Churchill Brothers SC 2-1 United SikkimFC

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Round 15 stats 

Goals - 11 ( Indians 3 : 8 Foreigenrs) (Home 7 : 4 Away)

Wins - 4 [Home 3 : 1 Away]

Draw - 2

Goal scorers - Indians -

Lalmuanpuia(ONGC) ,Rajinder Kumar(Arrows) ,Dika(EB)

Foreigners -

Ogba Kalu(SCG) ,Ranti Martins ,Bello Rasaq(Both Prayag) ,Henry Ezeh(Air India) ,Edeh Chidi(EB) ,Beto ,Henry Antchouet(Both CB) ,John Landa(USFC)

Clean Sheet(S) - ONGC ,EB ,Dempo ,Lajong

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

This is probably the lowest scoring round of this seasons I-league.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Usfc played very well in second half. CB were made to sweat for the win.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

My viewpoint on today's game:
    First of all USFC is a better team than what we all think about them. They showed lot of heart and finished the stronger team.
    Churchill as usual started strong with Beto controlling the game. But the midfield gets really crowded in this small ground. The USFC Gk made some good saves in the first half. Churchill were guilty of missing many chances especially the 3 one on one chances missed by Beto, Akram(easy) and Henry. USFC had hardly any attempts at goal until Beto was substituted. That changed the whole game and USFC started controlling the game. Sanjay and Lenny were helpless in midfield. But when Bikramjit came on, he made a difference in midfield.

I was surprised at halftime to see the Churchill players sleeping on the field itself. I will write something about Duler in the Goa News thread later. Another surprise was to see Churchill Alemao going on the field and personally encouraging each player at halftime. Although all were sleeping he was on his knees patting them on the back. Very rarely will you see the owner himself go and encourage the players.

@ashlesh. Disappointed with the duler stadium and poor viewing experience due to net.

Mohun Bagan vs Pune FC
    TIME - 3:30 PM
    DATE - 24 April 2013
    VENUE - Kalyani Stadium
    Mohun Bagan's Starting XI:
    Shilton, Nirmal, Eche, Aibor, Biswajit, Denson, Manish Maithani, Sabeeth, Tolgay, Nabi, Odafa