I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    Beto is future dempo coach so he is practicing recruiting foreign players
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @gaffertape Why this sudden Beto-raj at Dempo.?.Thot the owner had a lot of faith in Papas and his vision
    Ya, I think there is more to this Dempo-Beto-Papas story than has been revealed so far. From what I heard last week I thought Papas had the full faith from Dempo and had the control but gaffar just said that Akram is a Beto signing (or that Beto had involvement).

Strange indeed. I would like to believe that what @Dominic said about no more good signings at Dempo or Salgaocar being fake but he seems to be on to something here if this controversy and confusing is coming up all the time.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @gaffertape Why this sudden Beto-raj at Dempo.?.Thot the owner had a lot of faith in Papas and his vision
    Ya, I think there is more to this Dempo-Beto-Papas story than has been revealed so far. From what I heard last week I thought Papas had the full faith from Dempo and had the control but gaffar just said that Akram is a Beto signing (or that Beto had involvement).

Strange indeed. I would like to believe that what @Dominic said about no more good signings at Dempo or Salgaocar being fake but he seems to be on to something here if this controversy and confusing is coming up all the time.
    As @ Dominic had revealed the mining situation has affected the profit line of Salgaocars to a considerable effect, and also the related business like shipping etc.
    Given the model of the I-League & how difficult it is to make money , ...even the most impressive clubs like PFC , BFC & SLFC are losing money on match days at the moment...maybe not SLFC on match days , but overall they are in the Red ( no pun intended)

The Salgaocar owner is tired of putting money down the drain to the tune of 20CR each year , 10-12 Cr player budget and other expenses. What is more annoying for him , is the annual pay outs to under performing players & ones who are being released. Last year it was Sean Rooney, Quinten Jacobs ,Angel Guirado and a whole host of Indian players too
    Srinivas Dempo too is unhappy at his 10 Cr wage bill ( partly caused by Armando surcharge)

Both are seeing that you BFC , PFC and SLFC are ahead of them in the table on a much smaller wage bill and want to make drastic changes..
    The 1st thing both are doing is bringing in football managers to run the business aspect , so they stop this 4-5 Crore wastage of salaries each year.

More will come out after the Fed Cup, once some clarity on the following season...

As @ Dominic had revealed the mining situation has affected the profit line of Salgaocars to a considerable effect, and also the related business like shipping etc.
    Given the model of the I-League & how difficult it is to make money , ...even the most impressive clubs like PFC , BFC & SLFC are losing money on match days at the moment...maybe not SLFC on match days , but overall they are in the Red ( no pun intended)

The Salgaocar owner is tired of putting money down the drain to the tune of 20CR each year , 10-12 Cr player budget and other expenses. What is more annoying for him , is the annual pay outs to under performing players & ones who are being released. Last year it was Sean Rooney, Quinten Jacobs ,Angel Guirado and a whole host of Indian players too
    Srinivas Dempo too is unhappy at his 10 Cr wage bill ( partly caused by Armando surcharge)

Both are seeing that you BFC , PFC and SLFC are ahead of them in the table on a much smaller wage bill and want to make drastic changes..
    The 1st thing both are doing is bringing in football managers to run the business aspect , so they stop this 4-5 Crore wastage of salaries each year.

More will come out after the Fed Cup, once some clarity on the following season...
    That is actually interesting. Bengaluru FC I am not surprised about as every new football club loses money when they begin but the rest... hmmm.. I am not sure whether to be surprised or not.

On one hand I kinda guessed and knew that all the clubs were losing money and spending beyond their means but on the other I would have liked to have believed that teams make some money a season. Well, I have my answer.

I mean, its weird, there we are at the "wanted foreigners thread" saying we want a bloody Zambian international captain from China to join yet we are in the red! Guys like Chris Nurse who earned at most $30,000-$80,000 a year are more realistic than a guy who might have earned $300,000 playing in the Chinese League One.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Tolgay Ozbey joins Dempo.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Terrible blow 4 dempo
    Hopefully he can recover that form he had at East Bengal. He is not a terrible player, we all know he can do it, just because he struggled this season so far does not mean he can not come back.

Lets see how this plays out, last time he was coached by an Aussie he dominated the I-League ;)
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    Dempo going to get ralegated this season
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited January 2014
    @goalkeepar ..hope Tolgay O.  joining is not the reason!!
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    @goalkeeper. We have to expect these kind of signings from Dempo and Salgaocar going forward. Dont expect them to splash money.
This discussion has been closed.